Help Me Decide on A Carseat for the Fall

MOM25BOYS

Ok, I may have made my mind up already as to what I want to do, but I thought I would ask you all what you thought would be the best carseat for DS4 and DS5 in the fall.:) I currently have 2 MA's left. One is a spare in grandparents car and the other is DS4's seat in my SUV. The one in my SUV expires in 2 years and the other has a DOM of 05 on it so it has 3 years left. I originally planned to buy a new MA during the sale in Sept., but I am now leaning towards buying a Nautilus for DS4. I really LOVE this seat in my SUV and for the money I put towards the MA I can get more for less in a Nautilus, KWIM.:D Yes, I know he can't ride in one until he is 2. We played with the carseats this week and I was curious to how he fit in one and he actually fits great right now.:p I plan on keeping DS4 RF until he reaches the 33lb limit on the MA. Right now he is 29lbs stripped down. So I figure by the fall, if not sooner he will have to turn around.:( I figured to get a Nautilus in the Fall for him and then pass the MA down to DS5 and use it til it expires in 2 years. Does this sound like a good plan??? My DH had suggested putting DS2 into a Parkway and passing down his Nautilus to DS4. I'm not sooo sure about putting a 5yr who is only at 40lbs right now into a booster full time.:( Yes, it would save money and I wouldn't have to purchase another seat and that is how DH looks at it, but what do you all think?? Would you feel comfortable putting a 5yr old in a Parkway?? TIA:)

ADS

brooklynsmommy

Just wanted to let you know that the 2 years is for the Frontier, not the Nautilus. I would do just what you had planned and keep #4 in the MA until #5 needs it. Then I would buy him the Nautilus.

MOM25BOYS

Just wanted to let you know that the 2 years is for the Frontier, not the Nautilus. I would do just what you had planned and keep #4 in the MA until #5 needs it. Then I would buy him the Nautilus.

Thanks.:) Goofy me:eek:, I must have been thinking of the dream I had that manufacturers had change the requirements for all FF carseats to "must be 2 years of age to FF in this seat".....:whistle::p

Last edited:

brooklynsmommy

Thanks.:) Goofy me:eek:, I must have been thinking of the dream I had that manufacturers had change the requirements for all FF carseats to "must be 2 years of age to FF in this seat".....:whistle::p

Ah, that would be pretty darn fantastic wouldn't it!? At least Dorel is some what there with their 34 inches to FF rule on all their seats. Our daughter was 2.5 last month and just now reached the 34 inch mark. Based on the percentile charts, a child who is in the 50th percentile wont reach 34 inches until they are 24 months old. So there is the 2 year rule right there!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC