He wants to ride backwards!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
O.K. I'm sure you guys are sick of my posts on AJ, I think I'm just having a hard time realizing he's almost 3! :eek:

He was ffing all weekend b/c Evan puked in the Radian and we had to get the seat out of DH's car (Evenflo Chase) and all weekend he kept pointing over his shoulder and telling us he wanted to go that way! lol I just laughed. DH kept saying he wanted to ride backwards, which was funny b/c he was the only always telling me AJ was uncomfortable that way. ;)

See, the kids I know generally LIKE being rfing!

ADS

Tara

hehehe

I'm wanting to think Papooses had a time with hers for a bit ... that she didn't necessarily like being FF ?? Kept saying stuff like wanting to turn back the other way.

Of course, slap me if I"m simply imagining things LOL

LuvBug

Yeah DS for a while kept wanting to be 'backwards' again, but it was a no go :( He got over it after a while. I wish they made higher RF limit seats in the US like in sweden! I really wanted to make it to 3 RF

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
You are correct Tara

Leila was 4 months old when her head was past the infant seat shell ... I didn't know that was a bad thing at the time, but I figured she needed a new seat - my sister gave me their OHS (in which my niece was in from birth, then turned FF at 5 months old & was never in a booster when she outgrew it even though there's a booster law in Vegas!) ... it didn't fit RF - I tried about 1/2 dozen other convertible seats, none fit RF, so I kept returning them & just decided to use the OHS FF (thinking a tight FF fit was safer than an all-over-the-place RF fit) *SIGH* Leila was 4 months :eek: Now, we do have quite a few inspection stations around here, but they have HORRIBLE advertising & I'd never heard of them ... our state law also said nothing about infants RF'ing until 1yr/20# & every baby I'd known FF'd by about 6 months :( (This was before I started our local chapter of API, though).... It wasn't until Leila turned 2 that someone gave me the link here - she was outgrowing the harness on her Safety 1st seat & was puting the shoulder belt behind her back even when we locked the ALR - thank goodness I found this place!!! I got a Wizard, reverted her back to RF & surprise surprise the carseat freak-outs totally stopped :D She was still riding FF in my mom's car, though & always complained that her back hurt ... when she reached 33# a couple months ago I turned her FF in my car, but she was OK so long as she could prop her feet up on the front arm rest ... but, since her only growth spurt has been by height & she's still fluctuating between 30-33# I reverted her back to RF again in the minivan because there is no where for her to rest her feet & we were facing some major issues with FF again ... I'm hoping she lasts at 33# pounds until we make it to Denmark to get the Two Way Plus/Elite or Secura because her little feet don't reach the only cardboard/styrofoam boxes I've found to fit in the backseat (to rest her feet on). I remember once seeing some sort of Foot-Z rest thing for FF'ing kids, but couldn't find it when I looked....

skaterbabs

Joyjoy hates FF too, but she's coming to accept it if she's riding in our FPSE, mainly because we rarely use it, but I install it when her best friend rides with us, so she thinks it's HIS seat. LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC