Should I have added anything else?

brooklynsmommy

So I happened to check out a friend's (who I really haven't talked to since high school, but when to church with) myspace page and came across this picture. She is 13 months. I sent her a quick email and then realized that I forgot about the straps/ chest clip. Should I have said anything else?
l_f0fbc507250aae5f61823fc42e87d8b3.jpg

Hi Hope
Hope everything is going wonderful!!! Congrats on being pregnant. I wanted to send you a note because I'm really concerned about your picture driving home. The car seat that the baby is in is a rear facing only seat and cannot under any circumstances be placed forward facing. In fact, there is no way to install it that way either. She is also looks to be over the weight and height limit. A great seat to buy would be another Cosco Scenera like Josiah is in. It does have a 34 inch to forward face rule. So she would still need to be rear facing in it. Anyway, this email wasn't sent to rude. I'm just starting my training to be a car seat technician an I was just really concerned.
April

ADS

MomToEliEm

I think what you said sounded fine. If you had started mentioning all the little things (straps twisted, chest clip too low) then it might have turned her off from listening to her. See how she responds to your e-mail. If she sounds receptive to learning more, mention the other things and maybe throw in some "rearfacing is best" links.

brooklynsmommy

That is true. I really hope I don't offend her. But seriously, how hard is it to see that this isn't a forward facing car seat???

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I'd have probably added something along the lines of "That picture is so sweet with them holding hands like that/your kids must love each other a lot/I know you want to keep them safe/I'm learning that carseats are actually pretty hard to use correctly and a lot of people make mistakes."

But I wouldn't go back to add that since you've already sent her an email; if you hear back from her, though, I'd add them to my next correspondence. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC