Um - wow ...

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Got this off a Hong Kong online shop site :eek: Looks almost like what I saw someone had done to their child's convertible seat a couple weeks ago - big kid who needed a booster & they just broke the OHS off, head leaning back over the top of the seat & everything....
th_Misuse15.jpg

& here's another failry disturbing link I just found > http://www.childrenofsalem.com/days/kids/rips/rips20.html < not sure what to make out of it, though ... how much is fake???

Last edited:
ADS

skaterbabs

no clue about the first thing, but the link appears to be a recap/spoiler type thing about a soap opera.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Yeah, but aren't they using the kid's real name? A sort of play-by-play, but did they actually mean for the carseat not to stay attached :confused: I'm so confused.... You might htink that they'd have professionals helping out if a kid is really in a vehicle that's only 1/2 on solid ground (which I just can't tell if it is or isn't).

skaterbabs

It says the whole thing was done in front of a green screen with special effects guys doing the movement. From a cps standpoint, no it would never happen with a properly installed seat, but since when has hollywood every cared about real life? ;)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Whew - OK ... didn't see that - was hoping as much, though! :rolleyes: My eyes & brain aren't working real well right now ... I have such a block against this paper I'm supposed to writing, UGH! & I want to sleep *snore*

skaterbabs

A friend of mine has been in theater (stage and screen) for longer than I've been alive, so I tend to take everything with a grain of salt, kwim? :rolleyes:

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It's from Days of Our Lives from several years ago. JT is long gone, Isaac turned out to be Zack, who was just killed off by his wild teenage driver half-sister.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
LOL :D Yeah, I saw it was from a soap ... but I'm not a soap watcher - just wasn't sure how much was studio or not :rolleyes: I blame it on the sleep deprivatiog & coffee high :p (Still haven't slept - fainlly have my final draft to finish up now,though - WOOHOO!)

skaterbabs

murphydog77 said:
It's from Days of Our Lives from several years ago. JT is long gone, Isaac turned out to be Zack, who was just killed off by his wild teenage driver half-sister.

LOL I have no clue what you just said - good thing I don't follow soaps, isn't it? ;)

beebear23

Senior Community Member
ROFL about the 2nd one.. It was quite a dumb episode of Days Of Our Lives. Definetly did not look real and, like all DOOL stuff, it was just plain cheesy.
I don't even watch it anymore....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC