Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Community Member unityco's Avatar

Question The finer details of Dodge's free tether program

My scenario is this: We have inherited my MIL's '99 Dodge Caravan. She had one tether installed when DS went FF. I directed her to put it in for the 2nd row centre position.

Now that we have the van, I would like to install more (if not all) tether points so we have more flexibility with DS's seat and other young passengers. DH called Dodge and was told (based on the VIN of the van) that it would be $140 to have the remaining tethers installed. I assume that with the VIN they were able to track that one tether had already been done.

I kinda get it - they do the install once for free and this van has had it done - but at the same time, we're new owners - shouldn't we get the benefit of the program too? I guess I shouldn't have been so considerate of the dealer in the first place and had MIL get all the anchors installed then.

Anyone have any insight into this? Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Re: The finer details of Dodge's free tether program

According to the LATCH manual, there isn't a limit of 1. Chrysler should retrofit TAs in all positions free of charge.

It's only GM that won't do multiple positions for free.

Senior Community Member unityco's Avatar

But is there a limit to the labour? ie - they'll put in as many as you ask, but they'll only do it once. If you come back later for more, you're SOL.

Can you refresh me with the Service Bulletin?

Thanks!

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

here's the Dodge section from the LATCH manual-

http://www.saferidenews.com/LATCH_ma...E_6_07_web.pdf

edit: and lookey what google turned up-

Technical Service Bulletin 23-008-00 Rev B