Played car seat swap around yesterday

Tara

So with my friend getting the Radians it made me think some more about our future plans. I want to get the Frontier for Doodles. Figured we'd move around the other 2 kids, in her Radian and the Marathon.

But wait..how long have we had that MA? Eek! Checked the date..yeaaaah...I have it until Feb of next year. Well that's not going to help a whole lot. I still need another seat.

Figured it'd be a good idea to go ahead with a Radian since I'm putting in an order of 3 anywho ;)

But first, let's test the Radian in a few spots in the truck so I know what works and what doesn't. When we bought ours we tried it ff and rf in the center seat of the 3rd and 2nd rows...I kept thinking it fit rf in both spots but ff was iffy.

We'd need to know that for sure before purchasing another as we'd have to have one in each of those spots and it's very likely that it would be rf in each of those spots for a while.

So, I finally played with my Radian. Remember, I was pg when we got it and sooooooo not up to playing around ;)
It has been in use ff, center seat, 3rd row of our Expedition. Great fit! A bit tricky on the install..getting the belt just so. But it fits nice and snug once you figure out how to manhandle that buckle.

I'll try to get this added to the radian install thread, but for now, I just had to share my fun :p

I got out the rf boot and tried it rf center seat 3rd and 2nd row as well as passenger side outboard 2nd row. All worked great. No problems.

Then ff in the same positions. Already know it fits center 3rd row. So, ff center 2nd row...nope. Not happening. The buckle is too far forward, I couldn't make it work. Ff outboard 2nd row worked fine. I didn't get it *quite* as tight as I would like, but it was close and I'm sure I could tweak it..I just needed to finish up out there.

Oh, all were seatbelt installs...outboard was the only l/s belt and the outboard position was the fold down seat of that 2nd row. I wasn't about to uninstall the Snugride base to play on that side. I had a time with it before, ended up not so happy and had hubs do it. I can and have done it...just wasn't up for it yesterday ;)

So, yep, I'm a geek...I spend a gorgeous day outside rearranging carseats :p :D

ADS

mish

Sounds like a fun day to me. I'm jealous of your nice weather. We have had rain, rain and more rain.

Tara

was trying to finish up earlier...didn't mention the kid tests I did.

my 12# 1mo old fits nicely at the 2nd slots of the Radian, no padding, he actually looked kinda cramped with it (and here I was ready to get another 80..we'll see) and 1st slots of the MA

these were just house tests, not installed in the vehicle

sorry, no pics, I barely managed the 'test'...his patience with me was spent for the day LOL

oh...another note...with the radian...I had the long crotch strap AND the immi chest clip...he would fit better with the original short strap (long one went up mid belly) as well as the radian chest clip..well, maybe not necessarily 'better' with the chest clip, but, there would be no need to change out the chest clip for him right now

i think thats it...sorry for typos and such...nak

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC