KDM

njkj

So I told my SIL about KDM b/c they are very low income and have three children who are currently all in boosters because that is all they can afford.

A is 3, 40in, 42lbs in a HBB (just turned 3)

M is 6, 43in, 45lbs in a LBB

J is 7, 50in, 67lbs in a LBB

They obviously atleast need seats for the younger two do you think they would get one for the older one also? Can I apply for them (they do not have Internet access) or is there a number they can call to apply them selves? I really hope they can help b/c I am really worried about my DN's. Sorry for all the ?'s I am just really trying to help them out. TIA

ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I don't see why they need a seat for M. They need a seat for A, and then they should put M in A's HBB.

Six and seven are generally considered an appropriate age for a booster, assuming there is no special needs.

As far as I know, you could apply for them, but be forewarned that the wait is very very long. A Graco Nautilus would probably be ideal for the little one, if there is anyway the family (extended) can scrape together for it.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
There are extremely friendly people working there, why not just give them a call or email and see what the scoop is? :)

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
What kind of car do they have? Are any of those kids using a lap-only seat belt?

njkj

I do not know what kind of car they have but I do know it is a 96 or 95 4 door sedan. I would not doubt who everis ion the middle is in just a lap belt :(

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
That definitely changes things. I would recommend you contact KDM by phone so that you can make them fully aware of the situation. There is a waiting list, but it is prioritized. I believe they also require proof of public assistance, so you might want to get the phone number, and then go see your SIL you can call together.

PixieEMT

So I told my SIL about KDM b/c they are very low income and have three children who are currently all in boosters because that is all they can afford.

A is 3, 40in, 42lbs in a HBB (just turned 3)

M is 6, 43in, 45lbs in a LBB

J is 7, 50in, 67lbs in a LBB

They obviously atleast need seats for the younger two do you think they would get one for the older one also? Can I apply for them (they do not have Internet access) or is there a number they can call to apply them selves? I really hope they can help b/c I am really worried about my DN's. Sorry for all the ?'s I am just really trying to help them out. TIA

They will need proof of financial assistance, so get that ready. Try contacting Bombider on here she's involved with the Kyle David Miller Foundation.

*If your family can not put together the full amount for a new seat for A, can you put together about $75 or so to cover half the cost of a donated seat?
I made a donation from my cousin's memorial fund to help disburst the cost of a seat for a local family near me.

njkj

I wrote them so hopefully I will get a reasponce soon. I can not go to call with her (SIL) b/c I live in Wa and they live in Mo.

PixieEMT

I'm pretty sure they live in Colorado.

I just ordered a Britax Boulevard from Hipmonkey.com and shipped from CO.

njkj

I just talked to her and their car is a 93 pontiac bonivlille, with a lap only belt in the center.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC