Got my improved scenera harness

christineka

It is definately a different harness. It is stronger, less slippery, and thicker. I had a heck of a time getting it to thread through the buckle tongues. I really like it. It is not the twisty sort of strap. It is a great upgrade. I'd give the scenera a chance with the new harness.

Here's the pic.

newstraps.jpg

Christine

Last edited:
ADS

christineka

I just found the camera. I'll take some pictures and see if ds knows what he did with the old harness he was using as a belt.

Stretchy Glue

Since we give 15-20 Scenera's away a month, Dorel sent us this huge box of these straps. I haven't played around with them to see how they work, but I've heard the same thing about them being way tougher. Glad it's a worthwhile fix. Too bad they don't send them out to all registered owners.:twocents:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Too bad they don't send them out to all registered owners.:twocents:

Looking at that harness it looks like it's designed for a recall almost - you can see how much thicker and stronger the webbing is just from the different pattern in it.

So should we make predictions on when the recall is released? :whistle:

(NHTSA was still in the preliminary investigation stage as of May according to a link someone posted in another thread. It's been there since February though, so should be moving to the next step right away if that helps with predictions ;))

fyrfightermomma

Yeah, my new Scenera has the new straps as well and I really like them. They seem very durable. I was surprised though because it doesn't have the spikes, so technically didn't need the new harness. They must be putting them on all the seats now.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I can't wait for DH to get home. He has the car with the carseats in it today. I might call and request a new harness and see what happens.

Susan

PixieEMT

:question: It looks almost like a Britax harness.

Good luck with it. I'm thinking if you don't introduce a ton of slack into the harness by loosening it a lot, it should be fine. Just watch when you tighten it. Also , inspect the harness regularly.

After the poor CS I won't trust Dorel anymore. When the lady told me she would disconnect my call......that was the straw that broke the camel's back! DH and I agreed we will stick to Britax.:twocents:

featherhead

:question: It looks almost like a Britax harness.

Good luck with it. I'm thinking if you don't introduce a ton of slack into the harness by loosening it a lot, it should be fine. Just watch when you tighten it. Also , inspect the harness regularly.

After the poor CS I won't trust Dorel anymore. When the lady told me she would disconnect my call......that was the straw that broke the camel's back! DH and I agreed we will stick to Britax.:twocents:

I never loosened my harness, but it still got caught on the spikes. When you take the kid out of the seat, the harness slides down under the seat, so when you put the kid back in and pull the straps back out, sometimes it gets caught on the spikes. And then if you try to slide the strap back and forth to get the kids arms in easier, it slides (not very easily) across the spikes, and tada, it's wrecked.

PixieEMT

Dorel was trying to say it was only a problem FF when the parents loosened the harness then pulled it tight.

Just a reminder so you don't end up with a tear or punture.

NHTSA was a bit shocked when I said my seat was RF only, always. I think what was happening RF the kick stand would flip open when uninstalling and reinstalling it in our other vehicle. It might have got caught under or pinched by the kick stand. I'm really not sure 100%.

Either way...Dorel needs to address this problem asap. It makes me ill thinking about how many children *might* be riding around with a harness torn or punctured.

all together ooky

Makes me mad that I have to pay for a new harness because of their bad design. Since it's not in use right now I'm waiting to see if there's a recall. The harness on mine is good-looks new.

U

Unregistered

Does anyone know if new harnesses will also be available for other Dorel seats? Particularly, the Uptown?

Thanks! :)

CrabbyBunchX3

You don't have to pay anything. They send it totally free.

Are they sending them totally free if you haven't snagged your original harness?

I have the cheesy old harness on a sea with spikes and want it replaced. I felt it get hung up on the spikes just the other day, luckily no damage(yet).

Mommy2Marcus

Thanks for posting this & sharing pictures. It looks alot nicer! I was actually just coming here to see if anyone had yet recieved their new harness yet. I just got the order in for mine today. It is a DOM of 1-22-08 & it has the spikes as well. My harness was also damaged, but luckily not to bad just yet, and my seat has NEVER been FF. It has been a RF seat since I bought it. It also has only been uninstalled maybe 3 times max, so I am unsure of how it happened!

I just called them to see what they would say. I was prepared to fight them for a new seat, but decided that I would be nice since she was being nice. I also thought, what the heck, maybe it might actually work.

Brycen'sMommy

How are you guys getting Dorel to send you a new harness? I'm a lurker but I noticed the other thread about the harness damage so I checked my seat and sure enough my harness was damaged too. So I called Dorel today and they told me that I had to email them pictures first before they sent me a new harness so they could verify what was happening. So now I'm sitting here with a completely unuseable seat while I wait for them to email me back and who knows when that will be. I'm not very happy at all. :thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC