It's that time of year again... Cool/Cotton Britax Covers?

Ahzryn

for the Marathon specifically...

I had a mom ask me this the other day, and it reminded me I always meant to make a list. So, off the top of my head are Funky Denim and Onyx. Anyone else have any to add? There have to be more than just those two.

ADS

TerisBoys

For the Roundabout - these were all 100% cotton (and all retired)

Original Denim
Cool Blues
Summer Breeze
Burgundy Check

Ahzryn

Absolutely on retired covers...I had forgotten about bandanna!

Were there any other covers with the smooth poly other than Onyx?

canadiangie

Neopolitan?

I have this cover and it seems pretty cottinish to me... it certainly isn't velour like AF and Olivia...

cpsaddict

For the Marathon, the Platinum is nylony in the middle, like the Onyx. Racer is older, but similar to the Platinum. For the Roundabout, Popsicle and Flower Power are cotton.

kphil

In answer to the original question, I have a Roundabout in the discontinued navy blue puppies pattern which I'm pretty sure is cotton. The seat expires next month, unfortunately, so I've replaced it, but it will be a bummer to have to trash it. I so love a Roundabout.

Kirsten

Melanie

I personally don't find the Onyx cover to be as heat friendly as the plush covers. It feels hot to the touch when getting in the car. Right now I have 1 kid in a plush cover and 1 in an Onyx cover and I don't notice a difference in the amount they sweat.

I do live where it's a 113 today & dry heat...so maybe that makes a difference?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Not sure but I think it is the chocolate with polka dots.:) Looks like Neopolitian Ice Cream to me!:p

Oh, here is a pic....

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk263/MOM25BOYS/36082673-177x150-0-0_BritaxMarathon.jpg

Ooh that's cute :thumbsup:
In answer to the original question, I have a Roundabout in the discontinued navy blue puppies pattern which I'm pretty sure is cotton. The seat expires next month, unfortunately, so I've replaced it, but it will be a bummer to have to trash it. I so love a Roundabout.

Kirsten

No reason to trash the cover, you know ;)

kphil

No reason to trash the cover, you know
Oh yes, I won't be trashing the cover. The cover will go to ebay or wherever. I was dumb when my first child's Roundabout expired, and I trashed the whole seat, and felt like a dummy later when a friend was looking for a spare Roundabout cover and I realized I had thrown out a perfectly good one (the old cotton plaid and denim one). Live and learn :)>

steph

Maybe my child is weird but the Onyx makes him sweat more :rolleyes:. The nylon fabric isn't very forgiving and the plush sides where his head rests just make him sweat.

He has always stayed cooler in his Park Avenue BV and Cowmoo MA :shrugshoulders:

scoutingbear

We have the platinum cover on our MA and it gets HOT to the touch. I have to remember to cover the entire seat when we get out or the 2 year old complains. Never thought about getting a "summer" cover for it though...

emars002

I'm so excited - i got my new dragonfly from ebay today - 56% cotton - hope this helps DD2 - the mariposa is very nice but way too plushy for Georgia in the summer:)
DSC00840.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC