Infant seat - installed FF

sixmaybemore

I saw a family get out of a car at a restaurant today. I did a double take because when he pulled the baby seat out, the baby was FF. I walked by the car, and sure enough, the base was installed totally backwards.

Sigh.

I left a note on their window. Baby was a newborn, too, couldn't have been more than two months old.

ADS

Heather86

:thumbsdown: Don't they check that before they let the baby leave the hospital ? They did when I had Connor they even checked the dom on the seat and the install. So unless they don't or didn't for some reason they had to know. I'd like to think it was really a mistake and they'll turn it around.

armywife12

I have seen that twice here in MS in just the last 3 months. Neither could have been using the base by the way the seat was sitting up so much. One of the babies had outgrown the seat since I could see the top of the baby's head poking out of the seat as we were driving. I was in complete shock. Just last week I saw a one row truck filled with adults and then in the BED of the truck was a grown man and an infant carrier with a baby in it!!! Why they even bothered with the car seat I have no clue. The carrier was sitting in the bed of the truck with the adult holding on to the handle. Incredible

1Sept3Dec

Senior Community Member
I have seen that twice here in MS in just the last 3 months. Neither could have been using the base by the way the seat was sitting up so much. One of the babies had outgrown the seat since I could see the top of the baby's head poking out of the seat as we were driving. I was in complete shock. Just last week I saw a one row truck filled with adults and then in the BED of the truck was a grown man and an infant carrier with a baby in it!!! Why they even bothered with the car seat I have no clue. The carrier was sitting in the bed of the truck with the adult holding on to the handle. Incredible

Oh, how sad. :thumbsdown: I agree, why bother with a seat - a lot of good it's going to do when your child is ejected!

OP: Good for you for at least leaving a note! Hopefully they will fix their seat - or even better, find someone to help them!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC