Graco Snugrider?

jsta1005

This Dec the family I nanny for is expecting their 2nd baby. They already have one DD who will be 2 in Dec. I am getting a SS1 for the new baby. I am also planning on getting a Quattro Tour Duo for the 2 kids so I can use it as a travel system. I also saw the Snugrider and was wondering if any of you have used it and loved it. I'm torn between because I don't know how often DD1 will actually need to be in the stroller? Would it be worth it to have both in case? The family is also going to get a Bob Revolution Duallie. Any input would be fantastic! :thumbsup:

ADS

cpsaddict

My sister has the Snugrider and the Safeseat. She loves it. She takes it grocery shopping because she can push the Snugrider and pull the cart. We took it camping and it does ok on rough surfaces, but the Duallie is definately better for that. Overall, she loves it. It's gotten a lot of use.

canadiangie

I've read that it's okay. Not amazing, and probably a bit overpriced for the actual quality of it (typical Graco thinking so highly of themselves :rolleyes:).

The Maclaren frame is supposed to be much better from what I've read.

And the Kolcraft universal frame is supposed to be good too.

Are you totally bent on having a travel system?? Could you live w/o that feature?

Have you considered something more lightweight and compact?

Will you have access to the Duallie??

cpsaddict

In terms of quality, it's just as good as the Kolcraft, which is way to short for me to push. The Baby Trend version is $60 now, too. I really like the Maclaren, but it was too pricey for the use it would get. I got my sisters for $45. I generally like Graco strollers. I adore my Quattro Tour that is 5 years old and looks brand new. It pushes great. The Snugrider can be turned with one hand and it's very easy to click onto the stroller. The Kolcraft and the Baby Trend both require the seat to have the secondary strap.

jsta1005

I will have access to the Duallie but I am afraid it will be too big for certain things like running errands and shopping etc. (they have a single Bob and I love it! but it's not for everything)

I really do want a travel system. I really have liked what I've seen as far as the Quattro Tour Duo. and I think the 2 year old will still need to be in a stroller. If not for her sake then for my sanity. But I really liked the ease of use of the Snugrider. I also have not seen the Maclaren frame and didn't like the price as much. I like the fact that the Snugrider was made for Graco seats (Im getting a SS1) and that it actually clicks in.

I might just wait and see what I need after the baby is born. But none of the stores near by have the Quattro Duo. So it would be a 2 hour drive to get it. and I would like to get it all at the same time.

vonfirmath

We have a Graco Snugrider, and its been excellent. I have had no quality problems with it, and it gets used all over the place, carried aroun in the back of the car, etc.

I'm not sure what you mean by typical Graco quality -- it seems you mean something negative, but I am totally thrilled with the stroller.

PEIMommyof2

I have the Graco snugrider with a SS1 and love it :love:
It is easy to fold, unfold and set up, has a nice basket too but with the carseat in, it is hard to put things into the basket, I just lift the seat up a bit to put something in. HTH

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
My sister has the Snugrider and loves it. When I have used it, I have really like it too. I actually like it better than the Baby Trend Snap n Go. :p

lovemybabies924

i had a snugrider but didnt use it as much as i thought i would...i ended up just putting the carseat in the cart cuz my 2 year old wanted to ride also! and when i did use it i usually ended up carring the baby in my snugly and DD sat in the carseat in the snugrider! so maybe a super light weight graco stroller (they have that one thats like an umbrella stroller but a carseat can snap onto it) would be a better idea? jmo!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC