redesigned Radian?

mamaofthree

Is this just speculation or is a new one coming out? I thought I read something about it on another thread, but I'm terrible at searches. I *think* the RF limit has changed on the new ones, but is anything else going to change? Just wondering if I should wait it out or not. TIA!!

Kimberly

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
There will be changes, but as far as I know, we haven't been told what they will be, except for the 35lbs RF limit. The new ones should be out in August, I believe.

arly1983

The only thing we know for sure that will be different is that the harness will be removable. Everything else is a secret but the rep said it was going to be GREAT! (I am curious to know what they think is GREAT!)

mamaofthree

Thanks!! Now I'm curious too. I guess I could hold out for a little while. If it looks like it will be way past August before they are available I'll just buy one and hope no one barfs on their harness.

Kimberly

lovinwaves

Deeper sides, deeper sides, deeper sides, deeper sides. Headwings, headwings, headwings, headwings. (oh sorry, just chanting outloud) :whistle:

mamaofthree

LOL Melissa! Do you think they'd change it that much and still call it the Radian? I'm just thinking deeper sides and headwings would change it so much that it wouldn't be the narrowest seat anymore, which is really a selling point for it.

Kimberly

lovinwaves

Who knows, but if they do I will be buying two of them in a heartbeat :D They would be replacing my Frontiers (which I am not exactly happy with).

arly1983

Who knows, but if they do I will be buying two of them in a heartbeat :D They would be replacing my Frontiers (which I am not exactly happy with).

Do tell! PLEASE! I just HAVE to know.

(SHOT, start another thread if you don't want to derail this one.)

lovinwaves

Arly, I just haven't had time to type you a loooong pm about the Frontiers. I was just going to call you, but I can't find your number LOL

mamaofthree

Okay, now I have to know- how are we gonna get our hands on a "new" Radian? Gotta know which sites to stalk. Come on, I know there's techs on here that have frequent chats with Russ.

Kimberly

crunchierthanthou

Okay, now I have to know- how are we gonna get our hands on a "new" Radian? Gotta know which sites to stalk. Come on, I know there's techs on here that have frequent chats with Russ.

Kimberly

It will be at the ABC Kid's show in September. Here's Heather/MurphyDog77's recap from last year. Hopefully we'll get some spoilers before then because I was thinking Dave from SSK mentioned July.

I see now that he just said "later in the summer". You can read the chat transcript with him. He's the director of engineering, but like Arly said, all he confirmed was a removable harness. However, he did mention the redesign a few other times when concerns about other aspects were raised.

elle7715

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but this was the most relevant one I could find when I searched.
I called SK a couple weeks ago to see what the status on the 'new' radian was since I'm going to be interested after DS outgrows the Diplomat RF. The lady I spoke with said that it's not really a redesign. It's a new model. There will still be the Radian 65, the Radian 80, and now the _____. I specifically asked it it was going to wider and she said no, it was going to be just as narrow. That's basically what I needed to know but she did mention something about the harness changing. She said it was going to be shown soon at an expo, I'm guessing she meant the ABC show. Also it probably won't be available until November-ish. Hope that helps someone. :)

lovinwaves

Man, if they'd cough up a 40 lb RF limit, I'd buy one.

:yeahthat: AND, I am still chanting <Headwings! Headwings!>

Something freaky I noticed last night while looking in my 'conversational mirror'. I have the champagne Radians, and if you notice, the coloring on the seat near the kids heads almost look like headwings for a split second.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC