Is your Nautilus reclined?

U

Unregistered1

Do you have it installed in the recline position or no?

ADS

TerisBoys

Up until 2 weeks ago mine was.

Reclined Ryan was AT the second slot from the top. We reinstalled it upright and he's got about 1/4" to grow now.

I'm comfortable using it reclined - but even not reclined he sleeps well. This was last Sunday, and he'd been asleep about 30 minutes at that point.

030.jpg

(*NOTE - He's got strap covers on AND his chest clip in the RIGHT spot - he was finally able to verbalize what bothered him and we've been working on it!)

monstah

I have had it both ways and DS seems to sleep easier with it in recline mode. In full upright he fell asleep just fine but a quick brake and his head would fall foward and he would wake up.
So it will be staying in recline mode for a while...

mamaofthree

Yes, my 6 yo's is all the way reclined. It honestly doesn't do much, I could prob have it at any setting and wouldn't notice the diff.

Kimberly

MsFacetious

When it goes in the car it'll be upright. In the truck probably reclined. But we will have to see.

TERI! What was it?! Because Ali loves the seat but wants the strap covers off and a belly clip. Please clue me in.

TerisBoys

He kept telling me his clip/covers "choked" him.

One day as I was tightening his harness when he was wearing a t-shirt he grabbed at his shoulder straps and said "Ouch - they choke like that" - the chest clip being clipped before I tightened his harness made his straps REALLY rub at his neck. Now as long as I tighten him before I do the chest clip he's ok. I also have to make sure the comfort pads are up on his shoulders BEFORE I tighten so they don't move against his neck.

He's a very sensory kiddo. It's taken us 5 years to be able to figure this out. I still don't think he could tolerate HUGS though.

MsFacetious

Hmmm interesting. Ali usually isn't sensory sensitive on physical things. It's loud noises and crowds that get to her. (Aside from her fears....wind, smoke, bubbles, etc from her seizures.)

I will have to try that once we start using it. I'm harassing them to get the car finished since I refuse to move the Regents unless they are going in the car. I can't put them back in the truck. lol

USmominOz

Hmmm interesting. Ali usually isn't sensory sensitive on physical things. It's loud noises and crowds that get to her. (Aside from her fears....wind, smoke, bubbles, etc from her seizures.)

I will have to try that once we start using it. I'm harassing them to get the car finished since I refuse to move the Regents unless they are going in the car. I can't put them back in the truck. lol

OT - I can't believe how much the girls have grown:). I was just wondering, it looks like they are in the Galaxy seat, do you think it is nicer than the Bravo or Matrix?

Thanks

Last edited:

Gena

I originally installed ours upright, but DS had some head slump when he fell asleep. Now I have it reclined all the way and we no longer have that problem.

momtoirs

I had given up trying to install the Nautilus in the center position of our 2000 Subaru Impreza wagon, but we were traveling this weekend and wanted to be able to have our twin cousins ride with us (11 years old) and we only have a lap belt in the center. I decided to try again and this time, I was successful, but I HAD to recline the seat to the most reclined position in order to make it work. It wouldn't install tight enough in that position without the recline.

I honestly don't know if its reclined in the 98 Mazda Protege?? I didn't pay that much attention, just put it in tight. Its not the car I usually drive, so I just give it a tug every now and then to check that its tight. We just moved his straps up a slot, so I don't need to watch for him not fitting that way for a while.

Tina

monzogary

Senior Community Member
I currently have ours in our '05 Ody and I have it reclined. DD #2 is used to the recline of her Regent, so I went ahead and used the most recline on the Nauti as she will still fall asleep in the car sometimes.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I just installed the GN in my car and it is reclined. I will see how well that works. It was so easy to install that I can easily change it if I need to do so.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC