Radian bigger belt path opening? Did I dream it?

tjham

I thought I read that somewhere but can't find it.
I think that is one of the only things I don't like about the Radian.
Getting it installed with the seat belt always hurts my hands (and they aren't that large :rolleyes: )

I know about the velcro opening.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
That might be one of the changes on the new one that's out in August...I hope you weren't dreaming :eek:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
That might be one of the changes on the new one that's out in August...I hope you weren't dreaming :eek:

That was my thought too. Dave didn't specifically mention that change, but it would make sense for that to be something they changed. That belt path is certainly not very hand friendly. I got some nasty looking hands before finding out about pulling the front of the seat pad forward using the velcro flaps when threading the seatbelt. (Back before I ever owned one mind you, or had otherwise seen one, so I don't think I even realized they were there. :eek: It was a store model I had been trying in our Ion back when ds was just a newborn.)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, it was total bloody kuckles-ville back then (I think they had NOT put the velcro there in the beginning, Phil from Toyhouse was extremely upset about the narrow belt path).

TerisBoys

Yeah, it was total bloody kuckles-ville back then (I think they had NOT put the velcro there in the beginning, Phil from Toyhouse was extremely upset about the narrow belt path).

Thread-jack, but Phil won't even carry the Radian anymore. He's not happy with it's quirky installs. Last I talked to him, he wasn't sure he was going to try the Monterrey either.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Thread-jack, but Phil won't even carry the Radian anymore. He's not happy with it's quirky installs. Last I talked to him, he wasn't sure he was going to try the Monterrey either.
Yeah, I think it was your post about his initial trial I'm remembering, lol.
Well, maybe he'll have a change of heart when the new improved radian comes out... :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC