Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Radian bigger belt path opening? Did I dream it?

I thought I read that somewhere but can't find it.
    I think that is one of the only things I don't like about the Radian.
    Getting it installed with the seat belt always hurts my hands (and they aren't that large )

I know about the velcro opening.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Re: Radian bigger belt path opening? Did I dream it?

That might be one of the changes on the new one that's out in August...I hope you weren't dreaming
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joolsplus3 View Post
    That might be one of the changes on the new one that's out in August...I hope you weren't dreaming
    That was my thought too. Dave didn't specifically mention that change, but it would make sense for that to be something they changed. That belt path is certainly not very hand friendly. I got some nasty looking hands before finding out about pulling the front of the seat pad forward using the velcro flaps when threading the seatbelt. (Back before I ever owned one mind you, or had otherwise seen one, so I don't think I even realized they were there. It was a store model I had been trying in our Ion back when ds was just a newborn.)
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.

Yeah, it was total bloody kuckles-ville back then (I think they had NOT put the velcro there in the beginning, Phil from Toyhouse was extremely upset about the narrow belt path).
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Senior Community Member TerisBoys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joolsplus3 View Post
    Yeah, it was total bloody kuckles-ville back then (I think they had NOT put the velcro there in the beginning, Phil from Toyhouse was extremely upset about the narrow belt path).
    Thread-jack, but Phil won't even carry the Radian anymore. He's not happy with it's quirky installs. Last I talked to him, he wasn't sure he was going to try the Monterrey either.

Quote Originally Posted by TerisBoys View Post
    Thread-jack, but Phil won't even carry the Radian anymore. He's not happy with it's quirky installs. Last I talked to him, he wasn't sure he was going to try the Monterrey either.
    Yeah, I think it was your post about his initial trial I'm remembering, lol.
    Well, maybe he'll have a change of heart when the new improved radian comes out...
    Julie