Installed the MA FF, and whoah is it big!!

mamaofthree

Trying to figure out if I need to do some musical chairs with carseats, so I installed my almost 2 yo's MA FF to see how it would fit my 4 yo. Man, that thing is way high off the seat! It looked ridiculous. I can't imagine using this seat FF. Is it just me or does it bother anyone else?

Kimberly

ADS

lilysmomma

I don't mind in vans or suv's, but I can't stand how high it sits in my little car. Luckily, I have only had to use it ff twice while babysitting. If we still have my car when dd is ready to be ff I will be getting either a Nautilus or a Frontier.

lilysmomma

Oh, I still think it looks funny! I'm guessing you don't have to worry about hitting their head getting in and out and that was the biggest problem we had.

lemurmommies

I have a MA FFing in the centre seat of our Ford Focus wagon and I don't think it looks particularly odd. I actually like that it sits high because it gives DS a good view. That said, I wouldn't have any objections to using a seat with a lower profile either.

Maggie

I thought it was odd at first because I was used to a baseless seat. However, I just installed my Evenflo Chase the other day for a friend's dd and it seemed strange because of how low it sits.

My dd uses an Apex on occasion and always complains that she wants her other seat that sits higher. She complains she can't see out the window.

oxeye

My 4.5 year old rides FF in a BV and Regent and she prefers the BV because it sits up higher. It seemed high the first time I turned her FF but I got used to it really quickly.

groovymom2000

My newly-turned 4 year old rides in a MA (and has since he was about 1). He MUCH prefers it to the baseless Radian because he can see out of the window. We have a Volvo wagon and it doesn't seem particularly big--but I've had this seat for almost the full six years, so maybe I'm just used to it.

a_js

I never noticed that and we don't have a huge car.. I guess it's all relative though, after using a regent nothing seems big! :)

tiggercat

It doesn't bother me at all, though mine is squished down into the vehicle seat a fair bit. I do prefer a lower profile seat, but not enough to replace it.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I've never thought my MA was that huge. Compared to the Radian yes but not overly. I really love that seat and was sad when ds decided he likes the Radian over the MA. At least I have a baby I can use the MA for and lucky for me when I replaced my spare MA last fall I ordered it in ashley floral just in case I had a girl so I get to use it with a girly cover :love:

munchkin

If my 3 year old niece picks between the Marathon and the Husky, to ride in in my car (Focus), she always picks the Marathon so she can see out the window.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC