Honda Odyssey 2nd row question??

Dawn

It was my understanding that the plus one(??) seat for the second row of the Odyssey was not meant to be used with a carseat. Is this no longer the case?

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
At least in the United States, Honda Motor Company USA has always allowed carseats to be used in the PlusOne seat. Keep in mind that it is very narrow and has a ceiling mounted lap/shoulder seatbelt. That may cause many carseats not to fit very well, if at all. Also, since there is no top tether anchor, it is not ideal for a front-facing carseat with a harness.

The PlusOne works well with a narrow booster. It may also work OK if you can find a narrow rear-facing convertible or infant seat. Kids big enough to be out of a booster and teens should also fit the PlusOne very well.

I have have heard that this recommendation may vary in Canada, possibly due to federal regulations regarding top tether anchors there.

Also:

http://www.car-safety.org/odyssey.html

Dawn

Thanks for the fast reply!

When we went van shopping last year the salesman told us it wasn't recommended. Obviously he was mistaken. :)

skaterbabs

It's been my experience that car salesmen are universally clueless. (And my dad and ex-BIL both sold cars! LOL)
I was looking at a KIA minivan a couple of years ago and the salesmen told me that no, it didn't have LATCH. Then I showed him the anchors. :p

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
Yup, it's okay. I've spoken to Honda about this very issue. Just bear in mind the fit and top tether anchor issues Darren explained.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC