I saved a life today

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
And it was my God-Daughters....my best friends little girl. She just turned 2, June 2nd.

My BFF wanted to turn her FF because she eats in the car a lot now and it's usually just them alone. She could still be RF---but it was her call. I got her RF to 2 at least.

So after her birthday party, I got her Marathon out. Put the Hugs back on, moved the straps up and switched the LATCH connectors. Got the car manual out to make sure I was hooking the top tether anchor up properly becuse it was in the ceiling.

Today they were taking my bff's grandmother home from the hospital and her boyfriend missed a stop sign....and they were T-Boned....on my bff's side. Her daughter was in the center. My best friend got the worst of it--8 stitches, fat lip, seat belt burn and sore. All her daughter had was seat belt burns on her neck---she doesn't like the comfort pads.

The EMT's and FireFighters were amazed that her seat didn't move. As were the nurses in the ER. They're using the spare Scenera in the meantime and will probably be getting an Nautilus to replace her seat. I did tell her to call Britax and see if the seat qualified for their crashed seat replacement program. Britax takes crashed seats back to study.

As a tech...you often wonder about the seats you check and teach the parents to use. Most of the time, you never know what happens after they leave the parking lot.

All I wanted to do when I became a tech---keep a parent from knowing the pain of losing a child, I just never imagined that it would be my best friend that I protected.

Susan

ADS

AmRo

You are a very special person. There are a lot of kids out there who owe their safer rides to your advice and care. :love:

MsFacetious

Good job. I'm so glad that everyone is okay, or relatively okay. You are lucky that she asked you to do the seat instead of attempting to do it herself and messing it up.... that is very good.

Good for you.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
My bff does know how to put her daughters seat in, and does it quite well. It just so happens that I put it in the last time before the crash.

Now she is thinking of getting another Britax. So who knows what she'll end up with. My god-daughter is riding in her scenera for now.

Susan

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC