Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Question insurance company carseat

No, this isn't about replacement carseats. My car insurance is through Virginia Farm Bureau, and through them I can order up to 3 Cosco seats--at a some what reduced price. It seems that the 5pt harness seat was the Touriva--but since that isn't out anymore--I'm assuming it's the Scenera.

Do ya'll think it's worth the hassle? If I ordered it through them, it would be $32 versus $39 at the store, so it's only a 7 dollar savings. (I don't know why the VA Farm Bureau seems to be higher than everyone elses, but I'm going from the order forms both at the office and online).

I already have a Scenera, but I need to purchase another seat for another car--so I don't have to keep taking the one I have in and out of the car. (I am good at installing the thing, it's just i'd rather not have too).

Have any of you had any experiance with anything like that?

(The also have a high back booster for $25, and a low back for $15).

Mostly I'm worried because I wouldn't see the thing before I bought it, to make sure it's not messed up or anything (I'm sure it will be the ugliest thing ever, the print on the other carseat is hideous. lol. Oh well). That and the 3 weeks from the time they get the check to when the seat should be here.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician
    For $7 I'd rather feed my instant gratification needs and go get it at the store.
    Jennifer, Special Needs CPST, peds nurse, and CSFTL Admin mom to:
    AJ-13 (five steps), Evan-11 (nbb),
    Ilana-9 (nbb) ,
    Olivia-7 (hbb), and
    Unity-3 (rf and ff)

Me too! LOL

There are still lots of Tourivas out there. They may not make them anymore but they still sell them.

I'm the exception, I'd grab them. None of the stores near me have the Tourivas any more, only Sceneras, which are wider. I lucked out and have someone in a coalition in Maryland willing to sell me a Touriva at their cost, but that's still $42 + shipping.
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

Unregistered

tourvia

Okay--If I were to be sent one from the company that was a Tourvia-(I'm probably spelling it wrong)...wouldn't it be "old"? My scenera--has a date sticker on it of Jan '06.

it would indeed be older than a Scenera.
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    - Denis Waitley

Unregistered
    what's the difference between the two (Touriva/Scenera)?

If I remember correctly, the Scenera has 4 harness slots instead of 3 and a wider base.
    - Denis Waitley