He is officially 34#!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
AJ went to the DR today for his pre-op physical (he's getting tubes next week) and sure enough, he really is 34#. That's like 2# in maybe 3 wks! Him and Evan are growing like weeds (Evan has gained 4# in 2.5 mos). :D I can't keep up w/ all the new clothes. So, we have another # before we have to turn him. I'm thinking of turning him in the next weeks as long as the weather stays nice or should I wait till 35#? I just don't want him to go over 35# (he was 32# forever though), or would it be that bad if he did and was still rfing?

ADS
U

Unregistered

I think its ok to turn him soon, you made it past 2.5yo! My DS was 29m when he hit 33lbs and I was so sad!!!! He was too long to be in the scenera so buying it for another 2lbs wasnt doable :( If he wasnt so long he could still be in the scenera as he is 34lbs clothed :(

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
IT seems like we made it 2.5 yrs, but honestly, he's been ffing almost as long as he's been rfing. He was ffing from 11-26 mos and then from 26-32.5 mos (now) he's been rfing. :) I'm just hoping it doens't snow again. IT's gone now, but when it snowed last week I was so happy he was still rfing!

skaterbabs

I would only push it in a seat braced and tethered, I wouldn't want to risk it, kwim? That said, I have Joyjoy still RF at 32 1/2 lbs in her MA, but there is not a chance it could rebound & over-rotate. I'd be more worried about my son sitting in the seat her MA is braced against!

We're getting a Touriva next week. LOL

U

Unregistered

Ohh yeah I forgot about that you turned him back. I agree with the PP though, Id only push it in a braced and/or tethered seat

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
O.K. I guess I'll turn him today then. B/c the Radian takes up so much room rfing, AJ's AO has to be behind the driver and since I'm only 5'3" bracing isn't available if I'm driving. lol Of course that seat doesn't tether either. The end of an era I suppose. ;) We all knew it would happen eventually. lol

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Well, after almost 24hrs of illness, he's back to 31# (or so my scale says w/ no clothes on) so maybe we'll just leave him that way for another week or so. They should weigh him on Tues at the hospital so we'll see what that says.

skaterbabs

poor baby!! Hope he feels better soon! Gregory (ds#2) had tubes put in and his adenoids removed at 14-15 mos, and it was GREAT. He wasn't walking or talking before they went in, after he was walking within a week and had a dozen new words.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC