What's your favorite stroller and why?

amy919

I PROMISE this will be my last post on the stroller issue :). Really, it will!

Please help me! I'm so torn on what to do, so I'm asking what you guys like best and why. I have the money for the stroller, but really want to make the right decision. I have a Volo now and like it, but I really want something new and easier for outdoor walks and boardwalks. Manueverability is key and I'd like get rid of the Volo and get something that fits all of my needs. I'd like to get something other than an umbrella type stroller, but I need to stick to a budget of $200 or less. I'd like something small and lightweight. Child is 2.5 and loves stroller and rides in it regularly, so I know that it will be used for quite some time. She is only 26 pounds right now, so although a higher weight limit would be nice, it's not super important. She's been following the same growth pattern as my oldest, who is 36 pounds at 5.5.

Sorry for being so annoying!

ADS

mom23boys

My absolute favorite stroller is the BOB Revolution. I know that it is more than what you are wanting to spend though. Unfortunately for me I didn't get one until I had our last son. It was my favorite purchase ever! I used that thing for everything. It even worked well in malls and turned like a dream.

Our boys are on the big side which is the opposite of your kiddos. I was looking for something that I could push effortlessly with a big boy. He was 10 lbs when he was born so you get the picture. The BOB was so easy to fold. Just flip and pull with one hand and you are ready to go. I ended up selling it after 3 yrs of use because our ds3 wanted to walk like his big brothers. It really was still in perfect condition after I used it all of the time. I was so sad to see it go!

Sharlene

Senior Community Member
My favorite is the Mountain Buggy Urban. I've got the single and the double models and LOVE them both. They are great outdoor strollers and push like a dream even on rough terrain, yet I have no problem fitting the double through regular doorways. If you watch this site http://returnsforsale.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=551 they often pop up at greatly reduced prices. I got my navy blue single for just $200. It was a "grade B" stroller and the only defect was a couple cuts in the rubber on the handle. After a year of regular use I've found nothing additional wrong with it. I've had my double for over 2 years and it's still my favorite. My 5.5yo daughter (almost 40 pounds) and my 3.5yo daughter (35 pounds) LOVE to ride in it. My 8yo son (65 pounds) has even been known to take a ride when one of his sister's hops out to walk a bit and it still pushes great. The front wheels can swivel or be locked into place for jogging. Mountain Buggies also hold their resale value well--I've already had offers of what I paid when I'm ready to sell! (I got the double for just under $400 from Baby Surplus when they released a new model year.)

Sharlene

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
LOVE LOVE LOVE my Mountain Buggy. :love: But for $200, lightweight, and versatile, I'd go with a Baby Jogger City Mini (it has the BEST canopy and a very, very tall seatback so it's good for older kids). http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/BabyJoggerCityMini

We sold ours, because I just don't get out that much.. our Inglesina Urbe or Mia Moda Cielo Evolution are in the cars and the Mountain Buggy is like my third car, it's in the garage all the time for neighborhood walks, but otherwise I loved our Mini! I actually really do like the Mia Moda because it's got a huge amount of open space for long preschooler legs, and the wheels are really sturdy for outdoorsy stuff, and the ride is super smooth. The fold is tricky, so I leave it up in the back of my van most of the time, it fits perfectly sideways, lol.

If Leah had her choice she'd probably choose the Inglesina mostly...it must have a super comfy seat?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Here're more pics so you see it's relative size http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/4Strollers
http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/MiaMiniVolo

Yeah, we loved it at the mall...really super easy to turn and push, it did get stuck a little in some tight Sears sales racks, but I don't know what wouldn't (oh, the 10$ el cheapo umbrella with Dora on it that Leah had stolen and I was chasing her to retrieve, THAT was great in tight places, rofl!).

The basket is kind of far down there, but it didn't get tippy with bags hanging off it (so you could put the emergency supplies in the bottom basket, and stuff you need to reach in that back basket and shopping bags on the back).

amy919

Thanks, Jools! Seeing it next to the Volo was awesome. Gives me a great idea of the size difference. My volo has a 10/06 DOM, so I doubt I'd get much for it. I guess I could always keep it for mall trips and use the Baby Jogger City Mini for everything else.

Now where to find the best price...

SillyLily

I just bought a Babyplanet solo deluxe stroller online. I don't know when it's going to get here - it could be a couple of weeks, but I'll try to post up some pictures and a short review when I get it. Maybe with some comparison pictures of my Zapp.

It's a relatively new-to-the-market stroller, so I've had a hard time finding any real reviews of it and how it steers, etc... But I got a really good deal on it ($85 new/shipped), anddh approved the purchase since he hates having to switch strollers between the two cars, so I couldn't pass up the deal! Oh, and it's the mocha pattern, which I think is very pretty. :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Thanks, Jools! Seeing it next to the Volo was awesome. Gives me a great idea of the size difference. My volo has a 10/06 DOM, so I doubt I'd get much for it. I guess I could always keep it for mall trips and use the Baby Jogger City Mini for everything else.

Now where to find the best price...

If you haven't bought from babyonthegoathome.com, go check the sponsors area to click on chloespurple's link, when you register there they give you 10% off your first purchase and free shipping :thumbsup:

Yeah, I've had my Volo since summer 2002.. it still works great, but looks a little sad and worn... sometimes it's SO easy to drop it in the trunk at the last minute, or let the kids play on it...it's resale value is gone, I'm thinking of selling the aluminum to the recycling place at this point, lol.

sparkyd

I need to put my two cents in for the Zooper Twist. Awesome high-weight/height stroller with features up the wazoo - excellent value for money. Easy to push, not at all tippy. I'd go on, but I'd be repeating myself as I've babbled about it a couple of times already. :)

http://zooper.com/twist.html

Lea_Ontario

Kashi, can you tell me what you like most about it?

I was looking at getting an InStep Safari double to stay in our garage for walking.:D

Easy to push, even on rough or uneven surfaces (soccer field, conservation area trails, etc).

Quick release tires, makes putting it in the trunk of our Cavalier so easy !

Seems comfy - Bear loves to climb in and often falls asleep quickly.

The front wheel can swivel or lock, depending on what you prefer.

Basket holds plenty.

Large wheels make trails easier to manouver.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC