We're officially planning!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
We FINALLY closed on the house & all the remodeling will be done by June; I found a local family who wants to Rent2Own my house in June :) So we decided last night -- I'll continue working for my parents until June, using my paid vacation time to get my CPST & Childbirth Educator certifications all completed as well as visit Denmark ... then do the daycare here & move up by the start of the school year while my guy (Moise is his name) finishes buying new furniture (the older stuff we have now will all be in the daycare) -- as soon as I'm back from Denmark in June we'll start TTC! :D We can think about eloping later :p So, of course I'm already thinking carseats, LOL -- my plan is: Leila in Two Way or Secura in my van, Husky in stepdad's car; baby in Safe Seat in both vehicles (2 bases, 1 seat) ... then hand down the Two Way or Secura to baby in my van, get Regent when Husky expires in 2008 for Leila in my van; get dedicated booster (probably a Recaro) for Leila in stepdad's car & something like the BLVD or Radian for baby in dad's car. I'm obsessive, I know! We're not even TTC until June, but I just can't help it, LOL! Part of it must be that I didn't have the luxury of planning for Leila -- she was a birthcontrol condom baby (it broke & my other meds diminished the effectiveness of the pill) *SIGH* Not to mention all the Family Court nonsense & all the carseat mistakes I made with her before I found this place ... I just want to do better this time than I did before because now I know better & actually have the means & support to do so =/

Last edited:
ADS

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
Thats great!

I started seat shopping before we ever decided to TTC. I went the day on got a BFP for the baby i lost in the car accident. DF and hadnt even decided if we were going to keep it. That baby and Leila have very similar conception stories, i was on the pill and had to take antibiotics so we used a condom and then i never got my period.

You're going to TTC then get married? been there done that, and his family HATES it. (oh wait till they see my engagement ring is off and i'm huge! they'll freak! :) ) You and i have got to quit living parallel lives!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Thanks

Hehehehe -- I know, it's just too funny! :p

Ya know, I'm also already running names through my head ... & I'm the kind who does NOT want to know the sex until I'm holding baby in my arms :) The funniest thing is I became friends with someone in Scandinavia (through another friend) after I had Leila -- my friend's name is Laila (pronounced the same) ... I talked to her last night about my upcoming trip, told her about TTC & said I liked the name Pernilla (which I remember from a story my old Norwegian babysitter used to tell me; thinking of using just "Nilla", though) -- Laila's little sister's name is Pernille, LOL! So if I have a girl & dad likes the name then both my kids will have names from my friend's family in Denmark :rolleyes:

Last edited:

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
That's great! I didn't know you and him were that close, but I don't know you very well. lol I love TTC! We're not TTA or TTC right now so I go crazy every month wondering. I've already started going through seats in my head and we already have a boy name. I'll send you boy vibes if you send me girl vibes! ;)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
It's a deal -- I'd love to have a boy this time.... :cool:

We only met 7 months ago, but we talked for 3 months before that (online) :rolleyes: I won't bore anyone with the specificis of our relationship, but it's a very good mix for both our personalities, goals, etc. ;)

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I only knew DH for 10? more before we got engaged (dating for 8) and then got married 8 mos later, got pg 11 mos later, so we didn't waste much time either. No point waiting IMO! lol Now we have 2 boys 18 mos apart and I keep going back and forth on trying for #3. I really think if it's a surprise, it'll be a girl. :p We ttc the other 2 and got boys...

Tara

Hehe Add me to the quick moving relationship club. We met in July of '94. We were talking marriage and kids our first date. Shortly thereafter had already settled on a kid name. 3 months later engaged then May of '95 we were married. Would have been sooner if it weren't for winter LOL I didn't want a winter wedding..I just don't like cold/winter, so I was holding out for a bit of warmth and sunshine :p
Under the influence of "everyone" we held off on having kids right away, though we both wanted to, we were 'influenced' not to do so yet. After a year nearly a year of marriage we gave up though...it's been a kid every 2 years since :D

Anywho...

I can't wait to see Papooses "We're expecting!" post :D

skaterbabs

we're a member of the quick marriage club too, although we did know each other for a few years before we got together. Our first date was our Junior prom (11 years ago in May), we were married the following February (we just had our tenth anniversary last week), and our oldest was born the end of July.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Ok----I'm not a member of the quick marriage club, but the planning to TTC club.

We TTC'ed from aug to dec---knowing I had one tube and ovary and the tub was probably blocked. I had a hystosalpingogram in January and the tube is blocked. On April 25th we go to the RE and hope to be PG by the summer.

This place says we have a 2% chance of triplets---
Now I might need to figure out what 3 infant seats and then convertibles will fit across my back seat. I really like the Key Fit and I wonder how 3 larger Britax's would fit---and can I tether all 3 RF? My car is LATCH equipped.

Hey I really like this---my DH won't let my mind wander like this!

Susan

skaterbabs

Good luck, Susan!
My triple screen came back + with my last pregnancy, and there's a family history (on both sides) of twins.

DH & I were very concerned. ;)

U

Unregistered

When I got pregnant for the 3rd time I immediately dragged my DH to Toys R Us to look at car seats. When I miscarried 3 weeks later I was so bummed about not only losing the baby, but about not being able to get the cute new seat that I had already picked out .
Luckily we conceived again 3 mos later - but we waited until I was 37 weeks along to buy the car seat - DH was so "superstitious." ( I was terrified that I would have it early and that DH would get to go pick out a seat by himself!)

skaterbabs

We bought our Roundabout before Joyjoy was concieved. LOL Sounds silly, but I used it for my then-3 yo neice until Joyjoy outgrew her Snug Ride, so it wasn't just sitting unused and we got a non-LATCH model for cheap, so the expiration wasn't an issue as I knew any child of mine would outgrow it around the time it expired. LOL

The funny part is, I rememebr having nightmares about not having a good car seat, thinking she'd have to use my son's nasty Cosco infant seat that had been in a crash and was generally gross, even though her RA was in her closet.:rolleyes: Once I bought her infant seat, no more nightmares. LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC