Got my Frontier - disappointed!

seamonkeys

So I'm debating whether to keep it or sell/trade for a Regent (prefer pre-advisory) or a Nautilus! I so wanted to love it, but dealing with the install is not making that happen!

I swore I read reviews on here that it would fit LBR in the 3rd row outboard of my Ody (2001). Well it doesn't - the seatbelt is 2-3 inches too short! :mad: I don't know why - my old Husky (w/out recline bar) fit fine!!! I'm really annoyed! If we have a 3rd kid, I want to be able to put DS1 in the back, but doesn't look like it will happen with a Frontier.

I did get it tight in the following positions with seatbelt (didn't bother trying LATCH since DS is nearing 40 lbs):
3 row middle (lap only, SBP)
2 row passenger captain (but it's tilted slightly - enough to annoy me!)

Anyway, I'm going to think it over and may be putting it on swap! So if you're interested, keep an eye out!

ADS

mom23boys

You said you had it installed 3rd row middle. Do you have to have it in 3rd row outboard for some reason? Just curious.

seamonkeys

You said you had it installed 3rd row middle. Do you have to have it in 3rd row outboard for some reason? Just curious.

Yeah, I could keep it in the middle :rolleyes:. I just prefer outboard - it's easier for me to reach in to get him in/out! I'm sure by the time I needed to put him back there he could do it himself, but right now he still can't buckle/unbuckle his harness (the unbuckling part I am often grateful for!).

So, who knows, I may end up keeping it. Especially since it was such a good deal ($224!). And who knows, maybe in a few years we'll upgrade and get a new van that it fits in better! :whistle: I need to mull it over tonight and make a decision!

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I have an '06 Odyssey and got a good install outboard, 3rd row using the SBP. That's not where I have it now but I tried out there a few days ago.

seamonkeys

I have an '06 Odyssey and got a good install outboard, 3rd row using the SBP. That's not where I have it now but I tried out there a few days ago.

If I keep it, I need to take it to a tech to help me with SBP. I can never seem to get it tight enough! Not sure what I'm doing wrong! :confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC