Uptown vs. Roundabout with pictures

arly1983

Today we went to big lots and saw the Uptown. I was really impressed so I bought it.

I can't get over how much more room C has in it then in the Roundabout both in top slots and in shell height. I really love the one pull adjuster and how she fits in it. The seat is very well padded and has lots of EPP foam.

I have come to loath seats with a base so this one fits right in. There is sooo much more room for the front passenger RFing and she has more leg room.

Here are some pics:thumbsup: All in all well worth $65.

Picture590.jpg

Picture592.jpg

Picture591.jpg

In this picture the front seat was up against the Roundabout so you can see how much more room we have with the Uptown.
Picture595.jpg

ADS

mommy2env

As I have stated all day, I cant see pictures from work. :mad:

Anyway, do you think that there is more or less leg room in the uptown compared to the marathon?

Oh, and what is the top slot height? And rearfacing limit?

arly1983

As I have stated all day, I cant see pictures from work. :mad:

Anyway, do you think that there is more or less leg room in the uptown compared to the marathon?

Oh, and what is the top slot height? And rearfacing limit?

You poor thing!

There is alot of leg room, I would say more than the MA not as much as the EFTA.

I get 16.25 for the top slots and the RFing limit is 35 lbs. HTHs. :thumbsup:

Mama!

LOVE our uptown! DS could still RF easily in it. He's sitting at 33 lbs naked and he's almost 39 inches tall!

LOVE that seat! :D

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh sheeeeesh...every time I try not to buy this seat it comes up again that maybe I should... I could SO put Leah back RF in the Escape in that, and it's pretty narrow on the base (can I trouble you to measure it upside down? Maybe next to the RA?).

arly1983

Oh sheeeeesh...every time I try not to buy this seat it comes up again that maybe I should... I could SO put Leah back RF in the Escape in that, and it's pretty narrow on the base (can I trouble you to measure it upside down? Maybe next to the RA?).

Let it cool off outside and I can do that:thumbsup:

Mama!

Its so low key. Its low to the seat, and super easy to load them in and out. Even big big kids.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, that's what I love about my Radian, but it's got that mega recline issue in that car (Escape) so I can't use it...and it's mega upright when FF so I don't want to use it... so it fits the Escape great (really, easy rock solid install), but somehow doesn't fit with the people in the Escape, hahaha.

:)

crunchierthanthou

Thanks for the pics. :) I don't think I've ever been so tempted by a dorel product.

Arly, Arly, Arly- What is that DVD screen doing right where your dd's head is going to rebound in a crash? I can kind of see your justification with a rf tethered seat (although, it could still be one heck of a projectile), but you've gotta do something about that.

arly1983

Arly, Arly, Arly- What is that DVD screen doing right where your dd's head is going to rebound in a crash? I can kind of see your justification with a rf tethered seat (although, it could still be one heck of a projectile), but you've gotta do something about that.

LOL, give me five mins to get it off, will you?

I had just installed the thing.:D

But yeah, no more DVD screen with non-RFing tethered seat.

As for a perjectile, both screens come with an cords that attachs to the headrests, the velcro stips just hold them in place so in a crash they may flop around but are not going to fly around the van.

skaterbabs

The Big Lots on Midlo Tnpk had three when I was in there Friday...:whistle:

Yoshi

Don't forget that the Uptown is a bit narrower in the shoulders, though.....otherwise, it is an really nice fill-the-gap kind of seat. OT, but we sooooooo need a car DVD player, but haven't decided yet what to get. We had a 4 hr trip last weekend and a 6 hr drive this weekend. :dizzy: Listening to Black Beauty and Heidi audiobooks non stop is not an option again.:rolleyes:

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I just bought one today too - I think I really like it! I got ~16 inches too, which I was surprised at, and it is CRAZY plush. DD seemed to enjoy it. I haven't gotten it to the car yet, so that I can puzzle with my Radian and my MA and snug ride and see what happens - out of pure curiosity :p. I agree with the narrow-though-the-shoulder thing, but it wasn't too bad, I feel that it's mostly because it's SO PLUSH (I really can't get over it). My DOM was 4/10/08 - and yes, I was shocked! :thumbsup:

Mommy2Marcus

:crying: B/C I can not afford it!

:hitselfonhead: Must NOT try to but one either!

See what you have made me want to do?? I SO want one now, but DH would beat me b/c we simply can not afford it right now, nor do I need it!

jka1217

We have liked using our Uptown a lot over the last year, I too like how it sits lower. Having a heavy child and using the Uptown and Radian, I can't imagine using a seat with a base. I think my back would hate me.

As for the shoulder area being narrow, there is a lot of padding in the cover in the shoulder area that makes it look really narrow. If you pull the cover back, it's not the widest seat out there, but it's not as narrow as it seems.

DSCN1514.jpg

DSCN1513.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC