we currently have
1 regent
2 marathons
1 graco snugride

we have loaned out
2 graco nautilus
2 roundabouts
2 britax companions
possibility to get them back is good but are loaned out to friends who couldn't afford car seats so i would llike to avoid that husband is willing to buy new seats he really hates riding around in a mini van

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
The Sunshine Kids Radian might work, either 3 of them or two plus a seat you already own. It's very narrow. Rear facing, it might not work very well for a newborn, simply because a newborn needs a full 45 degree recline, and the Radian is tall enough that it might not leave enough room for an adult in the front seat. MIL's (older) Corolla just doesn't seem to have much room in the back.

If at all possible, you should try before you buy or buy from a store with an excellent return policy, so you can take the seat(s) back if it doesn't work.

hockeywoman

I would think you'd need at least 1 Radian. Does 4YO fit in a Marathon? We're able to get FF MA, FF RN and FF GN or FF MA in the backseat of our Mazda Protege, and I'm guessing you could do similar in a corolla?

vangelder03

son is to big for marathon is currenly in a regent daughter had 2 yr check up she has gotten a little taller but lost 12lbs so she weighs 25lbsw now so she needs to be rf new baby will due in august 2 kids rf 1kid ff

Last edited:

vangelder03

my 4 yr old son is to tall in the upper body for marathon 2nd slot on regent
my daughter had 2 yr check up and we found out she lost over 12lbs and has gotten taller she is 25 lbs qnd 33 inches so we have her back rf in a marathon still plenty of head room and two harness slots to go
newborn son due in aug will also need to be rf

so 2 kids rf 1 kid ff please help

Mama!

You could do a FF Radian for your 4 yo, a RF Radian for your 2 yo, and an infant seat for your upcoming baby. :eek:

hockeywoman

I would do RF MA, FF RN, RF MA, and install the RF seat for the 2YO as upright as possible so 4YO can get into the middle seat :thumbsup: If that is still too wide, look at a RF RN instead of a RF MA, though that may be a difficult installation unless it's put in the middle.

vangelder03

well i guess we should get a radian but when i look for online it it has two options a 65 and a 80 which one would work better in a toyota corolla and who has a good return policy if it won't fit

TerisBoys

Radian 65 and 80 are the same seat size wise. 80 has more infant padding, but both have the same top slots.

Elitecarseats.com lets you buy return shipping insurance for $5 I believe.

singingpond

I would do RF MA, FF RN, RF MA, and install the RF seat for the 2YO as upright as possible so 4YO can get into the middle seat :thumbsup: If that is still too wide, look at a RF RN instead of a RF MA, though that may be a difficult installation unless it's put in the middle.

This particular combination would be quite a bit too wide for my '96 Corolla; although I do realize newer Corollas are likely wider. I have to disagree about having the FF child in the center, in terms of ease of access. Installing an outboard RF seat more upright will not really give enough space for a person (even a small person) to slither through between the child seat backrest and the front vehicle seat backrest. Crawling through down closer to floor level is possible, I guess, but not terribly convenient, especially if the RF seat is tethered. I simply put the FF child outboard in this situation. Theoretically, of course (if relative safety is the only thing you're considering) the FF child goes in the middle while the better protected RF kids go outboard; however, other factors have to be considered in real life. Examples of such factors are: access to seats, how the seats puzzle together, and how the children in the seats get along with each other in close proximity.

Oh, I do want to mention that the Radian and Marathon puzzle together very well when both seats face the same direction -- the combined width of the two seats is almost 3" less than their individual maximum widths added together. So, RF Marathon, RF Radian, FF Marathon is more likely to work; also, this puts a RF Radian in the center, where it is more likely to fit (coming up between the front vehicle seats a bit, since it is a very long seat front-to-back). Also for reference, RF Radian does not fit outboard in my older Corolla -- it is impossible to move the front vehicle seat forward enough to clear the carseat's backrest.

Here are three recent discussions about 3-across situations in Corollas. Admittedly they are mainly about older Corollas, but hopefully you will find some of the information helpful:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=47298&highlight=corolla

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=46913&highlight=corolla

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=44325&highlight=corolla

Katrin

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC