I've got it! I've got it! From now on i can say......

Aurinia

My toddler drives rearward facing!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

YAY!!
here's some piccies!

7008.jpg
[/IMG]

7010.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
ADS

brooklynsmommy

Your chest clip should be up a little higher. This is a cool looking car seat! Where are you from and what seat is this?

Aurinia

yeah i realized that about the chestclip after posting the piccies. but thanks for pointing it out!
Z i live in the uk so had to mail - order the seat form one of the only places that sells them here, in milton keynes, 3 hour drive from us :(
thats why i got isofix - no one there to show me how to thread belt correctly :thumbsdown: its the britax fixway (up to 18 kg)

Hi,
how big is the seat? say like in comparison with a britax first class. That is the one that i have at the moment - and ds is 8lbs away from being too small - but interested to compare the size.
Thanks

Aurinia

lol

it goes up to 18 kg, or 39 pounds (but you can get the britax secura, essentially the same up to 50 pounds)
william weighs about 23 pounds (tried hiim on scales at home with clothes on so very approximate! lol) dont know how tall he is though. he is 16 mths old today
we live in yorkshire (beverley, near hull if you know that)

We've got it fixed in a vauxhall vectra SRI

anything else? ;)

Aurinia

yeah i added the chest clip would also like some padding onto the straps but dont know if i can? maybe someone here could help me or advise me? jsut that the straps seem to dig in a little round his neck as they are quite close together.

TerisBoys

PM Adventuredad for suggestions. He's in Sweden and can likely help more than the rest of us.

There's another user from Denmark, but I forget her screen-name.

CaseyRN

So I'm going to ask a dumb question, but oh well. Is it ok to add a chest clip to a seat that is designed to not need/have one? Why is that any different than other aftermarket stuff?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
So I'm going to ask a dumb question, but oh well. Is it ok to add a chest clip to a seat that is designed to not need/have one? Why is that any different than other aftermarket stuff?

Not a dumb question, and no, the chest clip should not be being added to a seat sold without one.

OP, the straps are probably bothering your ds's neck because of the chest clip. I'd recommend removing it and you'll probably find that the strap irritation disappears. :thumbsup:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Yep, I would definitely take that chest clip off. Your seats are designed to work without them and adding anything onto the seat could alter the performance of the seat. There are several people on here who would love to have Euro style car seats with no chest clips :twocents:

Aurinia

can i buy a britax one instead? its just that he has started puttng his arms through the straps no matter how tight i pull them :( the lady i talked to made it sound like it was fine to use the one ive got. :confused:

tjham

I would try to get a Britax chest clip.
A lot of people here have replaced their Radian chest clips with Britax ones for that very reason.
The Radian ones make the straps pull in and are more irritating to the neck area.
I HATE the Radian chest clips.
The Radian seats were tested with Britax style clips and they are shown in the manual.

Strange that it didn't come with harness strap pads.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC