Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Frontier covers: Rushmore vs. Canyon

So anticipating that the Frontier will be available in Canada within say 4-6 weeks, I need to decide on a color. I would DIE for a Red Rock, but once again, us canadians get the shaft on covers.

Looking at the covers online, I like the Canyon more because it goes with my interior, but I just wonder if the lighter colour being on the outer area in that plush fabric, if it would get dirtier faster than the Rushmore? My logic being that on the Rushmore the "plusher" material is the darker colour, and the grey mesh part looks easier to wipe down. Am I making sense at all here

Anyone who has seen the covers IRL who can pipe in would be greatly appreciated. If I'm going to spend $300+ on a seat, I better like the cover!

Oh and my Durango is White exterior, tan leather interior.

TIA!

P.S. If anyone in the US with a Red Rock cover wants to swap me......in my dreams, in my dreams
    April-CRST
    "Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." ~Oprah Winfrey
    DD1-11 years: seatbelt
    DS1-10 years: seatbelt DD2-7.5 years: lightrider
    DS2-6.5 years: parkway DD3-2.5 years: RF RNXT

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: Frontier covers: Rushmore vs. Canyon

I sent you an email. To answer your original question, I find that the plush fabrics wash up amazingly well so I wouldn't really be concerned about the plush being tan. I have seen both covers and they are both very nice.
    Dana
    CPST and Mom to Emily (10/99) and Max (8/07)

I agree with pp. The plush part of the tan one felt like it would wipe up super easily. I had the tan for my car (tan leather interior), but didn't like that the tan was the accent color...there was more black to it. I ended up with a pink one for my car & a red for dh's.

If you're going to keep the tan interior in your car for a while (meaning, you won't be trading it in anytime soon), I'd get the Canyon. It did look really nice & actually kind of regret the pink one now. But since I am probably getting a new car in the next 12 months, I decided to get the pink, as it would go with any color interior in a new car.

great post, I'm getting one too! We are getting the grey as it will match my trck seats. But I would love to get my hands on a pink cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Canadian mommy to two wonderful kids
    DD aug 04 FF in Frontier XT in Cowmooflage
    DS dec 06 FF in a Frontier XT in Cowmooflage RFed for 3yrs 9months.

I dunno....the pink is a little too Pepto Bismol pink, IMO. But I would at least like the OPTION of it if I lived in Canada, so I feel your pain!

Quote Originally Posted by Heather98012 View Post
    I dunno....the pink is a little too Pepto Bismol pink, IMO. But I would at least like the OPTION of it if I lived in Canada, so I feel your pain!
    I would actually love a pink for Rayn and a red for Riley, but of course neither of those are options for me.

I didn't mention that I probably will get a new vehicle in the next year or two. But DH will likely go along with me picking a Sienna with an interior that matches my Frontier.
    April-CRST
    "Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." ~Oprah Winfrey
    DD1-11 years: seatbelt
    DS1-10 years: seatbelt DD2-7.5 years: lightrider
    DS2-6.5 years: parkway DD3-2.5 years: RF RNXT