Frontier covers: Rushmore vs. Canyon

April

So anticipating that the Frontier will be available in Canada within say 4-6 weeks, I need to decide on a color. I would DIE for a Red Rock, but once again, us canadians get the shaft on covers.

Looking at the covers online, I like the Canyon more because it goes with my interior, but I just wonder if the lighter colour being on the outer area in that plush fabric, if it would get dirtier faster than the Rushmore? My logic being that on the Rushmore the "plusher" material is the darker colour, and the grey mesh part looks easier to wipe down. Am I making sense at all here

Anyone who has seen the covers IRL who can pipe in would be greatly appreciated. If I'm going to spend $300+ on a seat, I better like the cover!

Oh and my Durango is White exterior, tan leather interior.

TIA!

P.S. If anyone in the US with a Red Rock cover wants to swap me:whistle:......in my dreams, in my dreams

ADS

dhardawa

I sent you an email. To answer your original question, I find that the plush fabrics wash up amazingly well so I wouldn't really be concerned about the plush being tan. I have seen both covers and they are both very nice.

Heather98012

I agree with pp. The plush part of the tan one felt like it would wipe up super easily. I had the tan for my car (tan leather interior), but didn't like that the tan was the accent color...there was more black to it. I ended up with a pink one for my car & a red for dh's.

If you're going to keep the tan interior in your car for a while (meaning, you won't be trading it in anytime soon), I'd get the Canyon. It did look really nice & actually kind of regret the pink one now. But since I am probably getting a new car in the next 12 months, I decided to get the pink, as it would go with any color interior in a new car.

horseymom

great post, I'm getting one too! We are getting the grey as it will match my trck seats. But I would love to get my hands on a pink cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather98012

I dunno....the pink is a little too Pepto Bismol pink, IMO. But I would at least like the OPTION of it if I lived in Canada, so I feel your pain!

April

I dunno....the pink is a little too Pepto Bismol pink, IMO. But I would at least like the OPTION of it if I lived in Canada, so I feel your pain!

I would actually love a pink for Rayn and a red for Riley, but of course neither of those are options for me.

I didn't mention that I probably will get a new vehicle in the next year or two. But DH will likely go along with me picking a Sienna with an interior that matches my Frontier.:love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC