would you pay

MomofOlivia407

$100 for a NIB EFTA in Hansen ($140 at BRU) with a DOM 11-16-07? I think this is the seat I want, but giving up that 7 months is making me a bit wary...I could get it for $127 at BRU with my coupon & I would guess the DOM would be more recent than that...I need to decide soon cause it'll be gone quickly I would imagine...

TIA

ADS

mommy2env

Where would you be buying it from?

If you know for sure, that this seat will work in your vehicle and that it is infact NIB then yes, I would buy it.

But, if you still have not tried this in your vehicle and dont know if your really going to like it then, no.

BRU has a great return policy. 90 days, no questions asked. Plus, if there was something wrong with it, you have someone to turn ot. KWIM?

BW1426

I think you need to weigh out wheter you will have another child or not and if so how soon (meaning could the EFTA be used for more than one child) and whether or not you plan to buy DD another harnessed seat after the EFTA or if she will move to a booster at that point.

With that said, I think $100 is a good deal and will easily last your little girl until she outgrows it. But, if you have another child 2 years down the road, it may not last them. Then again, if you have another you're going to have to buy some kind of new carseat anyways. KWIM?

I think I'd grab it for $100. Stash that $27 you save to go towards something like a Nautilus down the road.

cpsaddict

Depending on how fast your particular BRU sells this seat, you may or may not get a newer DOM. When I worked there, we would get a lot of seats and store them, so the DOM's would be a few months old. If it is indeed NIB, I would grab it. If you don't like it, you could sell it and easily get back the $100.

dhardawa

I agree with the previous post. I have seen seats at BRU that are well over a year old. Keep in mind, they order in mass so there is a tendancy for the seats to sit around longer.

MomofOlivia407

I think I am going to get it. He has a one week return policy, and I will know within that time period if it works for me. I am pretty sure it will. My other option is to buy the gray one on Amazon for $112.50 & buy the hansen cover for $26. But i think I like the 1st option better! It comes NIB with the users guide & registration card, so I would still have the manufacturer's warranty, wouldn't I? Just thought of that...

Heather98012

If it has the registration, you will be fine. Buy this one at $100 instead of the one from Amazon & a new cover. That would cost more money & you'd only lose out on 6 or 7 months. Save the $ & use it down the road for a new seat when you need it. (Well, that's what I would do at least.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC