Question Removal of back seat jeep liberty

U

Unregistered

I have a jeep liberty 2002 and need to take out the back seat to transport something that's 34 inch high. Can you take out the back seat and if so how hard is it to put it back in. I need to transport this item often and don't want to have to sell my beloved Jeep to do this.
Sharon

ADS

beeman

I'm not completely familiar with this model, however it will most likely be held in by 4 to 8 bolts along the side supports of the seat, and should be able to be removed without removing the seat belt system. If the seat belts interfere with removal I would not be comfortable taking the seat out. Installation will be the reverse. I would not feel comfortable removing and installing it often, due to the wear on parts that aren't meant to be moved that often, and the amount of time and effort needed. If you need to haul the item often and you need to use the third row for passengers regularly, I would invest in a small covered trailer to tow behind. Your vehicle will be rated for towing a small trailer (check GVWR: trailer and load weight cannot exceed this rating), and a hitch and light hook up should be reasonably priced. If you don't need to have the seat installed too often, removal should be fairly simple, however make sure all the connections are tight enough when you install it. Hope that helps :) .

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
If you decide to go ahead with this, make sure purchase the service manual for your vehicle. It will illustrate proper removal and installation techniques and tell you if you need special tools (like a torque wrench to tighten the bolts to a specific tightness).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC