She's buying a new seat!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Some of you might remember my asking a few weeks ago for info on harnessing vs boosters. I have a friend whose been buckling her 2.5 yo (25#) in a booster b/c she didn't fit in her harnessed seat w/ her coat on! :eek: She called last night and is getting a new seat. Yay! She never acknowledged I sent her any info until last night. She also plans on using a booster till 8 (that's how I knew she read what I sent)! We'll working on rfing w/ the next baby. ;) I jsut had to share.

ADS

Dillipop

That's great. You are lucky you have friends that listen to you!

I recently had a friend that her DD had outgrown her convertible. She is very tall and turns 4 in the next couple of weeks. Budgets are very tight, so we talked about putting her DD in a turbobooster. Couldn't even afford that at the time. I even offered to front the $40. Another friend and I kept at her about how the harness below her shoulders was really unsafe and she needed a new seat. Finally, this past week she got the turbobooster. SHe uses it with the locked belt and her daughter is doing very well in it. They only use it for short rides, under 20 minutes, right now, so she will have some time to learn the "new" rules. I am just so glad her daughter is safer now!

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
Thats great! I wish i had that much pull with my friends (not that most of them have kids and when i start talking about car seats they all just roll their eyes.) I have one friend who has a kid and her mother had pretty much taken over the parenting (i expected this the moment she got pregnant) her moms ok but she doesnt see why what was good enough for sara is no longer whats best for Liam. She uses an OHS seat on him but hes a year and half now so he fits ok and she snugs up his harness very tightly so its not like shes the worst i've seen.

scatterbunny

Awesome!! :D

Try to steer her towards an Evenflo Bolero or Generations because it makes the best booster, long-term, down the road. If you are sure she'll get a new dedicated booster later if the combo seat doesn't make a good one, have her check out any of the Evenflo combo seats (Chase, Vision, Traditions, Bolero, Generations) or the Graco Ultra or Platinum CarGo (or the Cherished; just not the MyCarGo or Treasured CarGo; it must be one with a front harness adjuster).

If she goes with a Cosco/Safety 1st/Eddie Bauer combo, the child will almost certainly outgrow it by height too soon (and they don't make good boosters, anyway).

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
She's looking at the Apex. I told her to get a good torso measurement on her though. She's light, but as tall as AJ is and built similar so I don't want her outgrowing the harness anytime soon! I tried to mention Regent, but I think the price scared her. She was looking at MAs too, but only b/c they come in pink. Pretty seemed to be a must for her. :)

scatterbunny

I heard the top slots of the Apex aren't any taller than the top slots of the MA, which are comparable to the CarGo and Generations, so that might be a consideration. Also, make sure her vehicle has headrests if she's considering the Apex.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC