Buggy Board on Maclaren Quest?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Has anyone tried a Buggy Board on a Maclaren Quest?

According to this site, it is a great fit, but I am trying to find someone with "real-life experience."

~ Does it work well for independent two-and-a-half-year-olds who usually want to walk, but who may need to catch a ride occasionally?

~ Can you still fold the stroller? If not, does the board detach easily so the stroller can be folded?

~ Do you have any problems with kicking the board when walking?

Any other feedback?

Thanks!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I had a Buggy Board on a Volo, it fit fine, and the newer BB's are much easier to install and have quick release buttons, I think (no, you can't fold the stroller with it attached). They are kind of a pain to push, but since you can walk next to a Mac and push one handed, it's not THAT bad. Going up and down curbs is a PITA. My ds was kind of too nervous to ever really love our BB, but his little sister loved it, they were always trading off spots... maybe if you could sell it as a 'Skateboard!' you might inspire love for it? Do Valcos even attach to Macs? How about a Swiss Strolli Rider?

USmominOz

I have tried my valco hitch hiker on mine and it fits. I like that it has several adjustments to get the right fit and it is very easy to put it on and take it off.

My dd use to use it a lot on my P3.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'd avoid putting a Buggy Board on a Quest unless a) you have a short stride and b) the rider is fairly light.. Once you have a heavier rider in there, you can't push while walking to the side quite so easily... and if you like to walk fast, forget it. You'll be taking little steps. Not to mention.. two year olds hopping on and off boards...ugggh.

I had my (then) 2 year old on a Bug Board a few times and it drove me nutty :) I've had a Teutonia board with pneumatic tires sitting on my shelf for three years now as a result.

I know rider boards do work for some people, but I've NEVER been one of them. There is a Buggy Board of sorts out there that only takes up half the space behind the stroller...and of course, the Strolli Rider is also shifted to the side. This little bit of extra space makes it much easier to walk and push *both* sides of your stroller.

-N.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
There is a Buggy Board of sorts out there that only takes up half the space behind the stroller...and of course, the Strolli Rider is also shifted to the side. This little bit of extra space makes it much easier to walk and push *both* sides of your stroller.

-N.

Do you know the name of that board?

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I have four kids, I can barely remember my OWN name most days.

They do pop up on UK eBay once in a while though.

-Nicole.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
This is the one I am looking at:
cover.gif

Do you think it would work?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC