Predictions on how long the Frontier lasts?

a_js

DH, after trying to install it in 2 different vehicles and getting nowhere with SBP (not enough belt in either for LBP) remarked that he figured they'd scrap it altogether pretty soon :p With the number of install issues it's had, that wouldn't surprise me. What do you think?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Did you try like page 23 shows? Tighten the belt from inside the seat... I was cryin' with the LATCH/SBP until I tried doing that. And in my other car, there was 'almost' not enough belt, but I made it work (determination... no Britax is making a fool of ME! lol).

fyrfightermomma

For me too, when I did SBP, I had to move the seat more off center than it normally would be. I made the buckle portion actually go into the belt path and then buckled the belt and pulled through the hole. So the hole was lined up perfectly with the buckle going through it.

For LBP, we needed two people. One to kneel, and one to keep the belt out all the way.

Yeah it is hard, but I think with a few changes this seat is here to stay :)

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
It seems to be selling really well so I can't imagine it's going anywhere for now. We love ours. I'll admit that I don't love the install compared to other Britax seats. The MA is so easy to install. This one was work. But, we got it installed using the lbp and it's in rock solid. I was able to get it installed with sbp in another seating location as well.

a_js

I did try the p.23 trick.. the buckle was inside the belt path, but it was still just not happening. I even had a tech helping me, so I know it wasn't just me, LOL. On the LBP install I was like 3 inches short. Apparently neither Toyotas nor Subarus have super-long seatbelts. :thumbsdown: I guess I was luckier than someone else in the parking lot who was trying to get hers in and got her hand stuck in the belt path!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ouch! What a pain! Curiously, I had no problems installing a LBP Regent in a Prius (no recline bar, though...)... I didn't feel like the LBP was any longer with the Frontier, but it was definitely more of a pain to deal with :(

Heather98012

We got the Frontier to install in our Toyota Sequoia pretty easily with the LBP. What Toyota were you trying to get it in?

Debn31

Oh nooooo! I was totally hoping the Frontier works for us, but we have a Toyota til sometime NEXT year, and I'm guessing ds won't listen and not grow for a few months .... :p

Well, only thing we can do is try I guess.
If that won't work we might not have much choice BUT to wait for the Nautilus to get up here (in Canada).

all together ooky

Gosh, once I tried the LBP and LATCH (not at the same time!) I thought it installed pretty easily. It's no Marathon, but not bad. That SBP was a doozy though. Ugh. BUT, I've only tried it in one vehicle. There's always room for improvement.

Last edited:

essnce629

The pink Frontier I was sent on accident installed rock solid in less than 1 minute using the SBP in a 1990 Toyota Corolla using a lap belt only in the center position. I was expecting it to take forever and had prepared myself in advance for the high possibility that it wouldn't work at all, but I was shocked when it installed so easily. I didn't even have to twist the belt stalk which I was for sure thinking I would have to since it's like 3 inches long and I have to twist it twice to install my FPSVD.

Heather98012

See, I haven't heard of anyone NOT getting it installed in a Toyota. I suppose there could be problems, but it seems like it is going in fairly well in Toyotas!

essnce629

I would call Britax and ask them if they have any tips specific to your vehicle. They went out and tried the Frontier in the 100 most popular cars I think and they may have tips specific to the Matrix if that was one of the cars they tried it in.

theannex2

If you call, ask them if they tried it in the Pontiac Vibe as well. It's essentially the same car.

Yes, it is. We have an 03 Vibe which should be identical to your 04 Matrix. We did get LBP to work for the Frontier. It takes quite a lot of force. My DH is 6 ft tall and pretty muscular, though. I was ready to pack the Frontier back up in the box when I saw the 3 inches we were short in getting the belt buckled. He took it as a personal insult, and went to work at closing that gap by putting all his weight into the seat. SBP doesn't work in the Vibe/Matrix as far as we could figure, so this is the only way it's going to happen. I was OK with this being a seat that only DH can get installed since in an emergency I can put my 5 yo in our Compass B510 if I need to take the Frontier out when he's not around.

HTH you or someone else with this car,

a_js

Well shoot.. I guess I am just a wimp :ROTFLMAO: No, I definitely can't claim to have the upper body strength of a 6' tall man, and I doubt the (very petite) tech who helped me does either. But, for future reference, thanks for letting me know it is possible :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC