How much would you pay???

laccaycol

For a april 2007 Britax regent? I have mine up for sale for $180. I got an email from this lady saying i am asking way to much for a used car seat and that she could get a New Britax at target for $180. I looked at target.com and they are $279. I dont know what she is talking about. Anyway how much would you pay for a year old Regent? TIA

ADS

BW1426

If I was picking up a 1yo Regent I'd definately pay $180. If I was having to pay for shipping on top of that, no, but I assume that's not the case as you have it listed on Craig's list. You cannot even buy a Roundabout from Target for $180. I, too, have no idea what that lady was referring to. If anyone finds $180 Britax at Target, sign me up. There were Regents for $200 during the sale, but you cannot find that deal anymore.

MomToEliEm

For me personally, since I saw the regents on sale within the past two weeks for $199, it does seem a little bit high for selling the seat at $180 since it is used and a year old. Since those prices might never come back though, it still may be a great price for someone.

laccaycol

I know they were on sale even as low as $189 but now they are back at regular price so now it makes it a good deal i think because nowhere has them this low. Albee baby is selling a 2 year old seat for $249, My seat is only 1 year old so i think its a better deal than the ones at Albee baby. Mine is also the lowest price on Craigs list there are 3 other regents for sale and mine is the lowest. The other ads say that those seats are also 2007 DOM so i thought my price was good. I paid $270 for it so i dont want to lose out too much on it kwim?

vangelder03

i would wait britax has a sale every feb and july and you can get a regent with a newer dom for abut 200.00 dollars shipped i check my kids car seats at these times every year to se if we need a new one just so i can et a good deal

cpsaddict

I think it sounds very reasonable. A formula you can follow is take the $270 and divide it by 6 years. That is $45 per year, so $180 is more than reasonable. I have no idea what that woman is smoking, but Target does not have Britax seats for $180. Also, some places that have great deals on the Regent don't include the shipping, so $180 is good.

amy919

Well, I just sold my August 2007 Madison Regent for $175 on Craigslist. I listed it for $200, and I'm satisfied with $175, mostly because that more than funds the price of the GN I am replacing it with and because of the person buying it. I had someone begging me for it. Even went so far as to offer me $225, but she wanted it for a one year old, because you know, she can turn her now :rolleyes:. I told her I could not in good conscience sell her that seat for a one year old and politely explained why. She didn't like my answer, but too bad :whistle:.

This is a cool story. The woman I sold it to is a paramedic (she's picking it up on Saturday) and she recently saw a bad accident with a child in a booster seat. It was really nagging at her, so she started doing some research online. She came across the KDM and Belle videos and started searching for a Regent for her 5.5 year old daughter. Problem was that her daughter did not want to move back into a harnessed seat, especially a "boy seat" and she couldn't find the Madison print anywhere. So she found me :). I didn't mind taking a small loss since her husband is in medical school right now and they're raising 2 kids on her income alone and she needs to purchase another seat for her son. But the biggest deal to me was that she wanted the seat for the "right" reason. She also asked for recommendations for her son who she is about to move out of his infant seat and is all about keeping him RF as long possible. She wants to see my Marathon when she meets me on Saturday.

So, money in my pocket and a feel good sale. I'm happy :p.

Oh, and to answer your question - yes, I think it's a fair price and one that I would pay :).

dhardawa

i would wait britax has a sale every feb and july and you can get a regent with a newer dom for abut 200.00 dollars shipped i check my kids car seats at these times every year to se if we need a new one just so i can et a good deal

Not anymore. Britax has set sale prices too. The lowest a Regent will go is $249 on sale. The only way to find one cheaper is it if is a discontinued cover, but the last cover they discontinued on the Regent was Blue Bouquet and that was years ago.

HEVY

For a april 2007 Britax regent? I have mine up for sale for $180. I got an email from this lady saying i am asking way to much for a used car seat and that she could get a New Britax at target for $180. I looked at target.com and they are $279. I dont know what she is talking about. Anyway how much would you pay for a year old Regent? TIA

Sooooo which cover is it?

laccaycol

The Classic Cover- Pre-Advisory one

regent001.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC