Jon and Kate plus 8 and their Radians

tjham

There was a marathon of their shows on today and I just left it on all day. Several times, I found myself mindlessly standing there, mesmerized by the show. :eek:

I *finally* got to see their granite Radians, at least the three in a row middle ones. There were lots of shots of the kids, awake and sleeping, also one of a seat empty. The kids looked harnessed properly and chest clips right! It was their Memorial Day Picnic show. So cool! :thumbsup:

ADS

Mommy2Marcus

Yes, I am quite impressed with all of their Radians! They have 6! They do always seem to have their kids properly harnessed & tightened! I think they might even have the twins in Nautilus's!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The twins are in boosters. The 6 younger kids were in Nautis on thier vacation, in the rental van.

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
They always have been pretty good about car safety. I mean, there are some misuses but it's definitely better than most.

Just thought I'd add that the "Memorial Day Picnic" show was not even around Memorial Day. Did you notice that the kids were making Mother's Day crafts in church? It was a nice picnic anyways. I love that show. I think they are great parents.

Neatfreak

I've only seen a half dozen episodes, but Kate does have a "do it right every single time" personality. I can totally see her drilling "chest clip at armpit level!" into her family :)

ZephyrBlue

I was surprised to see her 4yos in Radians and the big girls in backless boosters (I figured they'd be a bit more about HWH) but at least they're putting all of them in seats, and they're not expired T-shield seats like the last Duggar special I saw :thumbsdown:

BW1426

They don't seem to know about the no bulky clothing on in the carseat. On one of the epidsodes where they take each kid somewhere special, one of the boys had a big bulky ski jacket on with loose straps. :( I also didn't think the girls were in boosters which dissapointed me, but they must be lbb that I couldn't see.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
The older girls are in LBB (Tubro's) which is fine for their age & I assume they are well over 50lbs each since they are almost 8yrs old (may already be 8).

I agree about the bulky coats but I agree they are doing better then most parents. I think a tech from one of the CPS boards worked with them & Sunshine Kids to get them free Radians. I know the little ones were orginally in Graco Comfort Sports which they were very close to outgrowing around their 3rd bday. I myself was wondering before the Radians appeared on the show what they were going to do next.

I saw a preview with the GN but haven't seen the episode yet.

ProudMomof5

They don't seem to know about the no bulky clothing on in the carseat. On one of the epidsodes where they take each kid somewhere special, one of the boys had a big bulky ski jacket on with loose straps. :( I also didn't think the girls were in boosters which dissapointed me, but they must be lbb that I couldn't see.

Yeah I saw that one - I think it was Aadan. the straps were REALLY loose over his big winter coat.
I think that is about the worst misuse I have seen on the show though - and I have seen every episode. I am a huge fan.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Yeah I saw that one - I think it was Aadan. the straps were REALLY loose over his big winter coat.
I think that is about the worst misuse I have seen on the show though - and I have seen every episode. I am a huge fan.

yes if i remember that's the one where Jon had him on his own... Kate wasn't there with them... just and observation! LOL

Also the girls are now in LBB i saw that on the morst recent show last week, i tend to watch every Monday! LOL Kate reminds me of myself, in a lot of ways! so maybe that's why i watch it so often. the older girls were in HBB for a good long while...

JerseyGirl'sMama

I watched off and on...

I remember seeing several misuses: Low chest clips, straps too loose, bulky clothing. :thumbsdown:

I love that show, and I really like Jon and Kate. They seem like excellent parents. I remember thinking, if a CPST would meet with Kate and explain everything to her, that she would do everything just right.

I love that show! She can be nutty at times, but you know what--I would be too! LOL!

I love their radians. I think the kids were in their graco comfort sports still in their regular van(town and country, dodge caravan?)-it was on an episode where they were going to aunt Joni(i think that is her name) houses. I think I caught a glance at them(I know they are outgrown those).

The older ones are in LBB, they were in HBB last year episodes though.

I am ok with that seeing they are already 7(or are they 8?). Either way.... I still think they do 100% better than any other tlc show ;-)!

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I love their radians. I think the kids were in their graco comfort sports still in their regular van(town and country, dodge caravan?)-it was on an episode where they were going to aunt Joni(i think that is her name) houses. I think I caught a glance at them(I know they are outgrown those).

I think that is Aunt Jody's van thier extra van Jon drives is a Mazda van i think... either way no way are 6 or 8 kids fiting in either of them from Aunt Jody's to Home... I think that since it's so close they dont' worry about it (i think it's w/in walking distance).

PixieEMT

I watched off and on...

I remember seeing several misuses: Low chest clips, straps too loose, bulky clothing. :thumbsdown:

I love that show, and I really like Jon and Kate. They seem like excellent parents. I remember thinking, if a CPST would meet with Kate and explain everything to her, that she would do everything just right.

Kate meeting a CPST for a lesson in child passenger safety? :whistle:

Oooh, Oooh! :D I live only one county away from them! Send me....Send me! :D

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
Kate meeting a CPST for a lesson in child passenger safety? :whistle:

Oooh, Oooh! :D I live only one county away from them! Send me....Send me! :D

Have you ever seen them in real life? Whenever I would go to Hershey last summer, I would look for them but I never saw them. I know they were there at least once. I wouldn't think you could miss that family. :p

PixieEMT

No I haven't ever spotted them. I shop at Sam's down by the Reading/Wyomising area where they live.
We don't go there often. They have Target, chuck E cheese, PetCo, Michael's crafts....etc all in the one shopping area that rocks. I hate driving Rt 61 to get there. We usually just go to Wilkes Barre because it's a straight shot up Interstate 81 North.

A girl in my class at school has an aunt that lives in the same neighborhood as them though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC