Evenflo SureFit

Ashley_R

My BRU has a new seat the Evenflo Surefit. I didnt play with it much but the sales guy said its new and he stocked it about 2 weeks ago. I played with it a little while waiting for him to finish up with another customer. It has a 22lb limit. A belt lock off, I was not impressed. First I couldnt get it to unlock then I couldnt figure out where the belt goes becuase there are 2 areas that flip up and the pictorial on the seat doesn't explain it well. The buckles are the 'plastic' kind like on the baby trend infant seat. I took a few photos which I will upload later and I plan to go back to write a full review when I can (its hot - over 90* I installed 3 seats. For today that is enough. maybe again on tuesday)

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I haven't heard of this seat at all. Is it a new infant seat? It's not on their website at all.

Wendy

crunchierthanthou

Are you sure it's Evenflo? I thought it was Dorel and was going to be made to fit very tiny babies. There was some info on the CPSP list-

lowest strap height- 6"
crotch strap depth- 4"
weight limit- 4-22 lbs
insert for lower weight infants

Here it is on DJG's site-

http://eddiebauer.djgusa.com/product/detail.asp?ID=2675

and it looks like the CPSP advance info was incorrect. That lists the lower weight limit at 5 lbs.

tjham

Just what's needed - a seat with a name to get confused with the True Fit! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

scatterbunny

I saw it at Lifesavers in April, and really liked it! But yes, it's Dorel, not Evenflo. :p It will fit preemies VERY well, IMO.

Ashley_R

Crap, sorry it is a dorel product. I have photos but no where to upload them! The belt lock was iffy. I couldn't get it to unlock at first and then discovered that it has two flip up panels that aren't clearly marked (one for LATCH and one for the seat belt). I am sure it will increase user error. I need to play with it more before my final rec but its just ok. Kind of like a snugride, no obvious defaults but nothing that stands out and makes it a winner.

It does not look identical to the pictures posted above. I think thats another designer 22 with a different name and this is more of an adaptation of the designer 22. Its seat and base are a bit different.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC