True Fit labelling error

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I was looking back at DD from the passenger seat today and I noticed the French labelling is wrong. The label with the 3 pics of the TF and weights underneath aren't right.

• The leftmost pic on the label is the seat RF with a baby and w/o upper seat back, and under it says "REAR facing - 23 to 65 pounds" (but in French). OOPS!
  • the middle pic with baby RF w/ upper seat back is correct.
  • The rightmost pic is the seat FF with older child and upper seatback and it says "FORWARD facing - 5 to 22 pounds" (again in French). OOPS again!

The English side is correct. I believe it has the FF pic on the left most and the RF pic w/o headrest on the right, so they mixed stuff up when they made the French labels!

Who can I contact about this?

Last edited:
ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
There's a tech here that has a True Fit and is also able to report it to TC. I expect she'll post on this thread in the next day, otherwise I'll PM her. :thumbsup:

(The one potential defect I've come across has gone through the channel of the local instructor, so I'm not sure how you'd go about it - does the TC website say anything about contacting them?)

hipmaman

It's like 2:20am EST now :) so I can't wake up the household to check the label on the TF :) but I'll check that tomorrow.

QuassEE

technogranola--if you spot this before Tam's able to, can you take photos of the labels so we can forward the issue to Transport Canada?

-Nicole.

hipmaman

Sure enough the French label is incorrect. I'll take a picture and send it in to TC. Good spotting technogranola.

hipmaman

A quick update - sent the pictures of the English and the French labels to TC and Learning Curves. I'll post again when I hear any update from either front.

hipmaman

First of all, there is nothing wrong with the seat, just errors in weight range on the French label (affixed on the side of the carseat).

French label with incorrect weight range under the left and right illustrations at the bottom of the label. Should show:

- REAR-FACING 5 to 22 lbs w/o headrest
- FORWARD-FACING 23 to 65 lbs w/ headrest

The weight range for the middle illustration is correct

P1010469.jpg

English label is correct for all three stages.

186_8602.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC