Peg P3/Pliko sun canopy question

ajweeks

I have a question for P3 and/or Pliko owners. I have an older Pliko and the sun canopy doesn't have enough coverage when the seat is reclined, but I don't want to unsnap it from the back of the seat. On the sides of the canopy near the little hinges, I noticed some snaps. Can you buy canopy extensions that snap on here? Do the newer P3s have larger canopies?

ADS

momme2_3

I "think" the snaps that you are talking about could possibly be for the raincover? Ours zips on though so It maybe newer than yours? Ours is a 2007 and it doesn't let the canopy come down all the way with the seat reclined either. you could always just drape a light blanket over it? I know doesn't look too nice but may help with the problem?

USmominOz

Here in Au the sun is sooo strong that many people like to just add a blanket too, but if the child is older and they want to see out, they won't like it.

Here is a web site I found that sells different stroller shades.

http://www.strollersunshades.ca/index.php

I have a Valco one that I use on my jogger and it folds up really small. You can buy them in the states. It is called the Universal sunshade for 3 wheeler, but it fits the peg. My friend here uses this on her peg.

http://www.valcobaby.com/2006/accessories.htm

I just tried it on my peg and it fits, here are some pics of it.

It has 2 ways to use the shade, for dark coverage if sleeping a black piece of material comes down and if they are awake and just needs sun protection then you can roll the black piece up and snap it into place.

peg.jpg

peg2.jpg

I just previewed my post and my pics did not resize small? Sorry:(

I hope this helps!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I ran into this same problem last weekend and thought that a clothes peg or two would nicely hold up a blanket to block the son for DD's face. I figured in no time at all she will want to be a bit more up right and then the canopy will extend further.

I "think" the snaps that you are talking about could possibly be for the raincover?

The snaps is what holds the canopy onto the back of the seat. If you undo them then you can move the canopy all the way down but the back of the stroller is no longer enclosed. I've done this with DS and I didn't have a problem with it but just make sure you don't have a diaper bag hanging there or it could bonk them in the head.

momme2_3

The snaps is what holds the canopy onto the back of the seat. If you undo them then you can move the canopy all the way down but the back of the stroller is no longer enclosed. I've done this with DS and I didn't have a problem with it but just make sure you don't have a diaper bag hanging there or it could bonk them in the head.

I just assumed she meant snaps at the "front" of the hood not the snaps on the back, yes you are right those are to snap to the seat, mine also has a zip that you can upzip part of it to make the sunshade come down more, but then it opens the back more.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I just assumed she meant snaps at the "front" of the hood

I don't have snaps on the front of my hood, maybe that is a design change :confused:

mine also has a zip that you can upzip part of it to make the sunshade come down more, but then it opens the back more.

Must be another change as mine doesn't have this either . . . granted it is almost 4yrs old :rolleyes:

Anyways, I hope the OP has gotten some ideas on how to protect her LO a little better.

brooklynsmommy

I know that on mine, I have snaps at the point where it is connected to the frame on the sides. I also have a Zooper stroller and have found that the rain and sun covers fit them PERFECTLY! Maybe you could contact Zooper (who are fantastic to deal with!) and order one of their sun shade covers? I have a Z-street which is basically identical to the Hula.

ajweeks

Thanks for everyone's responses. I'll look into a universal sunshade or the zooper. With the zooper shade, does it snap onto the Pliko sunshade snaps?

ajweeks

Does anyone have experience with either of these sunshades? I like the
price of the Kiddopotamus one if it works well. It looks like it can
be adjusted forward to provide extra coverage in the front. The
Protect-Bub obviously provides the most coverage, but I'm wondering if
I really need that much.

http://www.amazon.com/Kiddopotamus-Rayshade-Protective-Protection-Strollers/dp/B\
000DZZBLK/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1213730388&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Protect-Bub-Stroller-Sunshade-Attachment/dp/B0007D6996/ref\
=pd_bbs_4?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1213730388&sr=8-4

medcitymama

Here's our unique 'fix':
I have a Solarveil fabric ring sling. The fabric is mesh and supposed to block out a significant amount of UV rays. I just undo the sling, hang the rings on the stroller handle and drape the fabric over the top of the sun visor. It worked great with DS, he could still see out and i wasn't worried about it falling completely off.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Does anyone have experience with either of these sunshades? I like the
price of the Kiddopotamus one if it works well. It looks like it can
be adjusted forward to provide extra coverage in the front. The
Protect-Bub obviously provides the most coverage, but I'm wondering if
I really need that much.

http://www.amazon.com/Kiddopotamus-Rayshade-Protective-Protection-Strollers/dp/B\
000DZZBLK/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1213730388&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Protect-Bub-Stroller-Sunshade-Attachment/dp/B0007D6996/ref\
=pd_bbs_4?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1213730388&sr=8-4

I have used both the Kiddopotamus and the Protect-a-Bub shades on my strollers.

I just used the Kiddopotamus one today (on my Chicco stroller). I LOVE it! IT gives excellent protection, is easy to adjust, and doesn't get in the way of folding the stroller. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC