help-where should the head rest be

2nd

Okay I did finally get the Nautilus from BRU. They took over a month to get them in stock. My son loves it and I did get it installed in my DH car tight :)

Only thing I am confused about. They say on the seat the red clips should be at or above shoulders. Well look at the pics. It goes a little under his shoulders but the next setting it is way above his shoulders. I also wonder how much room should be for his head at the top. Please help me decide which setting is safer. Higher or Lower.

Oh, my son was getting mad at me for taking pictures-hence the awful faces, except the close-ups he was holding a toy so he was happy.

lowbig.jpg

lowcloseup.jpg

on lower setting

highbig.jpg

highcloseup.jpg

on higher setting

ADS

lynsgirl

Higher setting. The harness needs to be at or above his shoulders and if the lower setting pulls the harness down below his shoulders, the higher setting is the correct one. HTH! :)

keri1292

The straps need to be AT or ABOVE his shoulders. They look like they're below. I think when you raise the harness and click the headrest up a notch it won't look so high.

Jacks

Hello, we have a GN also. It looks as if you don't have the harness threaded through the correct slot? Hard to tell from the front photo though. When in a forward facing seat, the harness needs to be just at or above the shoulders. You can check this setting by putting a ruler at your son's shoulder and then into the harness slot, if the ruler slopes downward from shoulder to slot then you need to move the harness straps up. The Nautilus manual will tell you how to do this.

Also, the headrest should be at the position just above the harness slot even if it is a little taller than the picture shows and not pushed down over the harness straps. There have been a few threads about this topic before that you may want to check out. (Sorry I can't link them for you, my computer is acting up and I can't do a search)

Hope this helps!

2nd

Thanks! I was thinking it was suppose to be at the higher one, just wanted to make sure. Also I thought I saved the harness pics but I deleted them :(. I did use a ruler and when my DS doesn't have his arms on the shoulder rest or lifted up it sits right at his shoulders. I tried it at the higher slot and I can't get it as snug to him and it cuts into his neck. I will have to watch how he grows but I think the lower harness fits him still since it is right at his shoulders.

keri1292

Have you installed it in the car? That may put him over the slots anyway. Although, they REALLY look like they curve down and don't go straight AT the shoulders. Pictures can be deceiving, though.

crunchierthanthou

Have you installed it in the car? That may put him over the slots anyway. Although, they REALLY look like they curve down and don't go straight AT the shoulders. Pictures can be deceiving, though.

:yeahthat: they definitely look like they angle down behind his shoulders and don't come straight out. Children often have less room in the car than in the house, so make sure you check it there. If in doubt, move them up. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC