Scatterbunny, have you updated booster comp w/ the Monterrey?

Ahzryn

We're going to need some spare boosters now that dd is traveling more with friends, so I was trying to hunt up your booster comparison thread since I remember it being so helpful and our girls are pretty close in size. The last one I found the Monterrey was only speculation...is there another thread floating around where you have shots of it in the mix too?

These days we've got pre-advisory Regents in the car and Starts in the van, but the oldest is starting to creep up on the top slots in the Regent. The Starts are awsome, but a bit hairy to send in someone else's vehicle between the tether and the footrests. Grandma's car has a Parkway and a Turbo, but the Turbo is a PITA to buckle with three across. The Parkway is of course tall, but there's the whole leg thing. It's the easiest to send off with her, though. I was thinking about replacing the Turbo with another Parkway, but then I got to thinking maybe two cheap FPSV boosters would be better since they are so narrow, which got me looking at other boosters, which got me to the Monterrey, which got me totally rethinking everything now. And of course the Compass folds for travel....

DD1 is 7 and less than 1" from the top slots on a Regent. DD2 is 5 (6 in July), and is right at the second to top slots on a Regent. I keep thinking I am going to have to wrestle that beast out of the car and move the straps up, but so far all she's been doing is growing legs!

I suppose, given headrests of course, dd1 is probably old enough to use a backless....hmmn. Suggestions?

ADS

scatterbunny

I love your (rambling) train of thought. :p I do the same thing when pondering seats.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to try her in a Monterey yet. The only semi-local store that I know of who will be carrying it is supposed to email me when they get it in stock. I haven't heard from them in awhile, I suppose I should send them an email and bother them again. :cool:

I don't think I'd consider a B510 if your 7yo is creeping up near the Regent's top slots. H has about the same room in the B510 as she does in the Regent, about the same as the Turbo.

I hear you on the Start; it's fabulous, but not great to send with other people. The FPSV booster is supposed to be fairly short, IIRC, but I haven't actually tried H in one.

I might stick with the Parkway for carpool situations; it's really so foolproof, and taller than the B510, my other favorite carpool seat.

Ahzryn

He he he, great minds :) Course, I've been reading the Graco Nautilus and Britax Frontier threads...... one is cheap, the other has a mega tall booster! Could probably replace the Regents, someone might want a Cougar and Blue Boquet pre-advisory one I spose...

scatterbunny

Gah, I know, those Nautilus/Frontier threads have even ME considering a Frontier, for the super-tall booster mode! But seriously, my dd is *so* close to being too tall for the Frontier harness, if she isn't already, and I can't justify that price for booster mode only. I was completely NOT tempted by the Frontier until I saw that super-tall booster mode!

I know there have been folks very interested in pre-advisory Regents lately. ;) If I hadn't been so enamored with the Madison cover and been presented with a good deal a few weeks ago, I'd have tried to hold out for a pre-advisory so I could use the LBP.

Ahzryn

If they weren't pre-advisory I couldn't use them. I never have been able to get what I consider an acceptable install in either vehicle with SBP and recline bar :( Long belt path with no bar is a piece of cake in either, and long belt path with bar is doable in the Impala. So, parental decision it is. Wish they gave us the stats to make an informed choice :( :( :(

scatterbunny

I hear you. I can't do SBP+recline bar in the middle row captain's chairs of my 99 Windstar. The buckle stalks are just totally incompatible. So, it must go in the third row. I'm not thrilled with that, but I'll accept it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC