Radian in a 2008 Sienna

ADS

BW1426

Is the 2008 any different than a 2004/2005? If not, I've installed it in the third row center and outboard with LATCH.

gwenvet

We have an '05 and it will NOT install in the third row in two positions with the seat belt. If I remember correctly, it will only go in the drivers side outboard position with seat belt. Make sure to check the Radian install thread for more details.

supermommyof2

I have an 06 7-pas, but I'm pretty sure the seats are the same as there hasn't been any major design changes.

I can get great latch installs in all 4 positions (2 capt chairs, middle and passenger side in the 3rd row)

The only place I've gotten an acceptable sb install was the middle of the 3rd row. It's probably also possible in the 3rd row drivers side, if you're okay with not tethering (mandatory here). I did have to over-recline the seatback then pull it up after tightening the sb. I tried the same thing in the capt chairs, but to get it tight enough (IMO) there was too big of a gap between the Radian and the seatback (the bottom 2/3 of the seat didn't touch). I am guilty of "reefing" on the seat, though, so it might be possible to get an accebtable sb install in the capt chairs.

ETA: it's definately not possible to do a sb install in the 3rd row ps, the angle of the rigid buckle stalk just doesn't work with the Radian

sfeitler

RF or FF?

I have an '06 7-pass, and successfully installed our Radian RF in a captain's seat using LATCH, and FF in the 3rd row passenger side outboard with LATCH, I think (I'm sure it's 3rd row ps, I think it's LATCH). It moves a little, but not even 1/4". I have not had a reason to try FF in the captain's chairs, and I don't know about the 2nd row middle seat you'll have in an 8-passenger.

-Sarah

jb5416

I have installed ours FF using the seatbelt in all middle row positions. It's a bit of a pain, but you can get a pretty tight install if you recline the seat a bit, tighten, and then pull the seat forward. You also have to drop the recline foot thingie (not the rf foot that snaps on) on the bottom of the seat to make it work. My installations have all been checked and found to be a-ok.
Jessie

supermommyof2

Sorry, should have specified that my installs are mostly FFing. I have had it RF a couple times, both with Latch and SB. I honestly didn't pay too much attention, but I'm pretty sure RF works great in all positions. The one thing I did notice was that I could get it the most upright in the 3rd row ps. Actually, I might have a pic...

ETA:
the 2nd row ps was on the outboard anchors, the inset anchor point is a perfect spot for the RFing tether. The RFing seat is just touching the capt chair.
rfingrnffingma085.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC