What would you change about your Britax seat, if you could?

tjham

I LOVE my Britax seats. I have two Marathons and two FPSVD seats.

(I can't comment much on the FP covers because I switched immediately to MA covers so I won't address that issue.)

But if I could magically change something, I would make the bases removable, like the Alpha Omega seats.
(Believe me, that's the only thing I would "copy" from them.)
I would love to have a lower profile on my Britax seats now that my grandkids are older.
They sit up so high it's ridiculous, yet they still fit fine.
I bought 2 Radians for my son's truck because he couldn't stand the way the Britax seats sit up so high.

So please, Britax, think about this!

My other least favorite thing, they have changed already! :thumbsup:
It was the first buckle tongue not clicking when inserted.
I've heard the newer ones now click on both sides. Way to go, Britax!

ADS

TerisBoys

If I could change anything about Britax seats...

I'd find a way to do away with the HUGS. As it is, I cannot even consider a HWH Britax for Ryan - the HUGS pads drive him batty (goes with the whole 'chestclip chokes me' thing).

scatterbunny

I love my Regent, but I wish Britax would figure out a way to do away with the recline bar. I also despise the belt path of that seat when it's installed with the short belt path, and the seat itself is a bit too wide (just a couple inches). If there's no conceivable way to make it narrower, or do away with the recline bar, then they should just make the Frontier with taller top slots. :p

As for the Britax convertibles, I agree with the suggestion that the bases need to be removeable/optional, the HUGS need to go, and I also think the lockoffs should be optional; you should be able to remove them and use the seat with a locking clip if you choose (if the lockoffs are causing you problems or not working right).

mom23boys

I would have the straps on the regent be exactly like the ones on the Blvd. as they did not ever twist. I would have also added the audible click after each side was inserted in the buckle to the regent line. The regents still don't have the double clicks.

I have to agree with PP and say that the Frontier would have been better with a harness at least as tall as the regents. The bases should be removable also.

With all of that said, I still love my Britax seats.

christineka

I don't have one and can't even consider one due to their width. I want a thin car seat so I can fit 6 kids in an 8 seater minivan.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
  • I agree on getting rid of the base. The shape it is, is best for flat seats and many modern vehicles have contoured seats on the seat bottom which makes the base dig into the seat funny.
  • even when the straps are tight on the Marathon, they look loose. I wish the harness looked tight when it was.
  • the Marathon is kind of a pain to tighten RF (haven't tried it FF)
  • I preface this with not knowing the exact purpose of the HUGS, but geez they are a pain. It's just one more thing to have to slide into position because I find they move when she's not in the seat or while buckling
  • the 2 click buckle has been addressed, woohoo! I hate the one click buckle!
  • the belly pad is a VERY nice feature, but it's yet another thing to fiddle with as it has a tendency to want to fall under the child so you always have to be aware of that and hold it in place or pull it out from under the kids' butt. If they could make it attach in such a way so that it didn't fall out of place, this would be one less step to check while buckling!
  • Speaking from a Canadian's point of view....I want the RF limits to be 35 pounds and I want them to get rid of the ridiculous 32" max RF height limit (and hopefully this is being addressed before the release of the Boulevard!).

mommy2env

Having the marathon adjust easily when rearfacing. :mad:

Make the shannon cover for the marathon and regent, we have seen one floating around ;).

Oh, and drop the price. :duck:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I love my MA and RA, but I will say that I wish they had stuck with the old style lockoffs and top tether adjuster!

Having the base be removable would be nice too, since it takes up SO much room.

mominabigtruck

I want pretty boy covers for all of the seats. They finally started making pretty covers for the blvd and regent but they're only girly.

And rfing lock offs that actually worked would be great too.

Infant inserts that are interchangeable on all their seats, not just the blvd and dc

tl01

Redo the Blvd so that the headrest is integrated like the Signo's so it doesn't push DS's head forward. We also need cuter boy covers!! Keep the harness straps though! I love how they don't twist!

lilysmomma

I would also do away with the bases on the convertibles. It's the only thing I don't like about our Marathons. I haven't ever dealt with the Regent so I can't say anything about that one.

ginny4

i think it depends on your frame of reference i LOVE my regent. tho i could really use th eHUGS to disappear. just not fond of those things.

the FPSVD is nto the easiest to tighten RF. not so bad FF but it's harder RF for me. i always pulled from the back on other seats & well you can't reach the back with that darn black cover thing. the cover isn't so great but that's ok it is my 2nd-ary seat

cpsaddict

Having used both the big convertibles and the RA, I would definately find SOME way to use the RA adjuster on all of the convertibles. The bases don't bother me and I have never found a car I couldn't get a Marathon in. My car is tall enough that the bases are not a big deal. I can see how having the option to remove it would be nice. Higher harness slots and a lower bottom slot with an infant insert. The HUGS are terrible and need to go. Cuter boy covers! I wholeheartedly agree with cotton covers! I love the feel of soft cotton, so why wouldn't a child? The rearfacing lockoffs. Well, I am not sure much can be done with them. It's the nature of the beast. Although, the old Fisher Price Safe Embrace has some nice ones. Overall, the Marathon is still my favorite convertible. It feels so nice and sturdy to me. I like my Radian, but I love the Marathon. I have no worries about deciding on a convertible for my future children. It will be Britax.

monstah

-I would love a huge assortment of covers for the BLVD (like the marathon has) but that will come with time. Anyone have a Megan cover for sale?? LOL
- I have to say that while I dislike HUGS, if I ever feel like turning DD FF before she hits the limits, needing to put the HUGS on will stop me dead in my tracks!
-I am not a big fan of the ratcheting harness.
-I would like to be able to install my blvd RF without it in recline mode.

But there is no question in my mind that I would buy this seat again in a HEARTBEAT. No question. :love:

scatterbunny

I don't have an issue with the Britax convertible bases from an installation/small vehicle/lack of space standpoint, it's more about what's easy for the child to climb into on her own. My dd hated her AO on the base, it was too difficult to climb in and out of. :p She loved it without the base. It seemed more like part of the vehicle seat. In many cases a carseat seating area that sits lower on the vehicle seat allows the vehicle seat to provide some leg support, instead of the child's legs dangling in midair. That was the case with the Fisher Price Futura.

From the installation standpoint, I actually like the big Britax bases. IME, forward-of-the-bight and/or long buckle stalks are notoriously difficult to work with, especially with seats that have very low belt paths, or belt paths set very far back in the seat shell, closer to the vehicle seat. The big Britax bases tend to work well with these difficult belts.

emars002

I agree with them needing to use an integrated SIP on the boulevard - it does stick out some - it bothers my FF more than my RF. And of course more covers!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC