Ummm...ok, now that I have my Madison cover..

agurlsride

Where the heck do I thread the harness adjuster through. The old covers had the velcro cover thingy where the adjuster strap goes through, the new covers have a different little cover thing but I put the cover on the seat and there is no opening for the strap! Is it just a mistake that they made?

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The new covers have a slit for the harness adjuster (instead of a flap). Thread the adjuster through that.

MomToEliEm

Here are my two regents (sorry I don't have anything close up to the adjuster strap area right now).
regentcomparison1.jpg

So you don't have a little slit as seen on my Madison cover? Can you take a picture of the area? Did you buy it from Britax or from a store or an individual?

The slit isn't always easy to see and it opens up towards the bottom of the seat and the opening is covered by fabric from the front. Have you looked from inside the cover to see if there might be an opening that you aren't seeing?

Last edited:

agurlsride

So you don't have a little slit as seen on my Madison cover? Can you take a picture of the area? Did you buy it from Britax or from a store or an individual?

The slit isn't always easy to see and it opens up towards the bottom of the seat and the opening is covered by fabric from the front. Have you looked from inside the cover to see if there might be an opening that you aren't seeing?

Ok..I checked it out again..it looks just like your Madison cover..but, I pulled and pushed and pryed and there is no opening...at all. I bought it off of CL for $30, its in perfect condition otherwise. I don't really care if there isn't an opening I was just wondering if it was supposed to have one.

Here are some pics

008-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

MomToEliEm

Here are some closeup pictures from my madison regent harness adjuster slot. It does appear that they didn't put the hole in your cover. I almost never adjust my harness straps so it wouldn't bother me too much if it was defective, but it might bother you if you would use it more often.

RegentSlot2.jpg

RegentSlot1.jpg

agurlsride

I wonder what Britax would do if I called them and told them about it..I didn't buy it from a vendor, I wonder if they'd replace it? I do use the harness adjuster fairly often because I'm paranoid about it not being tight enough...or too tight.

Melizerd

I wonder what Britax would do if I called them and told them about it..I didn't buy it from a vendor, I wonder if they'd replace it? I do use the harness adjuster fairly often because I'm paranoid about it not being tight enough...or too tight.

I would tell them a friend gave it to you :whistle:

Otherwise I'd just cut the whole and sew the edges so they didn't fray.

agurlsride

I would tell them a friend gave it to you :whistle:

Otherwise I'd just cut the whole and sew the edges so they didn't fray.

Yeah, I think I'll call on Monday and see what they say. I don't have a sewing machine..(nor do I have the sewing skills) or I'd do it myself!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC