Finally saw the Frontier IRL!!

seamonkeys

Sure, the day after I order online (couldn't pass up the deal - $223.99!!), I see that a local store has it on display! Unfortunately DS wasn't with me, so I couldn't try it out. But I figure it doesn't matter now that I have one coming - and from the posts on here, I'm pretty sure it will fit DS and in my van just fine.

FYI - If any locals are wondering, the store is The Nurture Center in Lafayette.

ADS

seamonkeys

Definitely liked the way the harness height adjusts! Still don't love the mesh fabric! I wish they had a plush version like the other convertibles! Oh, and noticed the belly pad and shoulder pads weren't plush either! It was this thin, blah fabric! But DS doesn't use the belly pad anymore, so I think I'll just move one of my softer black ones from another seat! :)

Did you like it as much IRL?

Heather98012

Definitely liked the way the harness height adjusts! Still don't love the mesh fabric! I wish they had a plush version like the other convertibles! Oh, and noticed the belly pad and shoulder pads weren't plush either! It was this thin, blah fabric! But DS doesn't use the belly pad anymore, so I think I'll just move one of my softer black ones from another seat! :)

I'll have to go look at mine, but I could swear it was a plush fabric for hte belly pad & shoulder pads.....

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, the Belly Pad... it's... not good... :thumbsdown: Really cheap compared to every other one they've ever made. I took it and the shoulderpads off first thing, lol.

Heather98012

Yeah, the Belly Pad... it's... not good... :thumbsdown: Really cheap compared to every other one they've ever made. I took it and the shoulderpads off first thing, lol.

Maybe I think it's fine since I have never owned a Britax & it's nicer than the Evenflo one we had on our seats (makes sense).

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, it was plush, it was just... not as deliciously plush as other Britax pads have always been. Not bad at all, but you know, when you're expecting a peach and you get an apple... still a good fruit, just not what you had in mind, lol.

Heather98012

Yeah, it was plush, it was just... not as deliciously plush as other Britax pads have always been. Not bad at all, but you know, when you're expecting a peach and you get an apple... still a good fruit, just not what you had in mind, lol.

ROFL...."deliciously plush"! I love it!! :love:

essnce629

I was FINALLY able to see one IRL as well-- the day AFTER I ordered it online (couldn't pass up the Albee Baby sale price). I really liked it and Conner was on the third notch from the top. I did notice that the straps twisted very easily though-- definately NOT expected with Britax as I've owned 5 Britax seats and I have NEVER had a strap twist. That was disappointing, but maybe if it continues to be a problem Britax will come out with thicker replacement straps. I had no choice but to order the Frontier since I didn't like the Nautilus and the Regent (that we have in my car) doesn't fit in my boyfriend's car. So Frontier it is. Mine should be here on Friday. I got the red one!

mamabear

I did notice that the straps twisted very easily though-- definately NOT expected with Britax as I've owned 5 Britax seats and I have NEVER had a strap twist. That was disappointing, but maybe if it continues to be a problem Britax will come out with thicker replacement straps.

This is my only beef with the Frontier...otherwise we :love: it!
DD is 5.3ys and has about 1" until she's over the harness slots on the second from the top position. Then still has one more harness setting to go, she'll be in this seat for a while!!

But, yeah, I was really disappointed with the thin straps that twist so easily (NOT what I'd expect from Britax). we're learning to deal with it...............

seamonkeys

I didn't really have time to examine the seat a lot - so I didn't notice the straps being thinner. Why wouldn't they be the same as the other seats?!?! :confused: Now I'm thinking of going back to examine it better! Not that it would help - the seat is coming next Wed!

Definitely hope that if they got enough complaints they would switch to the thicker ones! I found out from CS the other day why they started sewing the harness pads = they got complaints of kids getting scratched by the velcro! I thought that sounded odd - never had that problem!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC