Anyone have a Gymboree coupon in their issue of American Baby?

Heather98012

A lot of people use the discounts & gymbucks & buy stuff then resell it on ebay new with tags. They are the ones who really scoop up the coupons.

Hey, how do you resell your Gymbo stuff for so much? Do you craigslist it, ebay it, or consign it? I have a bunch I am getting ready to do, & wanted to hear your thoughts on the most successful way to do it.

Plus, I have some New with Tags Gymbo stuff I got last summer on clearance & planned to use this summer....but my dd had a massive growth spurt & now doesn't fit them. I definatelty could make some cash on those but want to know the best place to do it!

PS. Anyone tried Crazy8? It's owned by Gymboree's parent company & is a little lower priced. Not quite as cute, but still some nice stuff. And I love Janie & Jack (also owned by Gymbo) but it's their higher priced store, so I only shop the sales!!

ADS

keri1292

I used to ebay it, but it was a pain. I consign some of it, depending on what I paid, garage sale some, and will start listing it on gymbofriends.com. If you pay full price, you're going to lose quite a bit more, but I try to buy on sale and add a coupon. My total for the sweatshirt, 3 outfits posted above and 3 pairs of single underwear, 2 cards of hair pretties, 3 days of the week sets of underwear was just $86. :D

Out of curiosity, I went to Wal-Mart and found similar items. My total was over $100. :cool:

Heather98012

Gymbofriends.com?!?! How did I not know about this? This may be dangerous....or beneficial, depending on how much I buy or sell. LOL!

And no, I never pay full price. I enjoy the thrill of the hunt too much. So it's always sale & coupons for me, just so I can justify buying more! :)

arly1983

I used to ebay it, but it was a pain. I consign some of it, depending on what I paid, garage sale some, and will start listing it on gymbofriends.com. If you pay full price, you're going to lose quite a bit more, but I try to buy on sale and add a coupon. My total for the sweatshirt, 3 outfits posted above and 3 pairs of single underwear, 2 cards of hair pretties, 3 days of the week sets of underwear was just $86. :D

Out of curiosity, I went to Wal-Mart and found similar items. My total was over $100. :cool:

Oh, yeah, I also try to buy EUC/NWT off of gymbofriends.com a season ahead. Like right now, I am buying for next winter. Prices tend to be lower because most people are trying to buy/fund spring/summer clothes. I also buy a season ahead on the sale rack at the gymboree store.

I also try to sell there when we are through with things but usually wait to list things until winter because you don't get alot of interest selling winter stuff now.

Its a game to me. (I also play thegrocerygame:whistle: I had a fun time with Extrabucks/Bounty/Charmain at CVS this week:whistle:) Its a fun hobby that also clothes/feeds my children/DH and I get to save money. I get a high from it that costs me nothing emotionally, physically, or monetarily.

keri1292

Yep, I'm starting to fill the winter bins for each kid. No one is biting on the winter stuff at the end of spring. Once mid-summer hits, it'll be harder to get the stuff that I want.

You should start a CVS thread. I've always wanted someone to show me how they get stuff dirt cheap/free there. But, when I go to the professional coupon-er sites, I get so confused! :dizzy:

arly1983

Yep, I'm starting to fill the winter bins for each kid. No one is biting on the winter stuff at the end of spring. Once mid-summer hits, it'll be harder to get the stuff that I want.

You should start a CVS thread. I've always wanted someone to show me how they get stuff dirt cheap/free there. But, when I go to the professional coupon-er sites, I get so confused! :dizzy:

Isn't that the truth, I am collecting MNM for C for fall/winter and now all I need is socks,tights, and a jacket. :cool:

As for CVS, first things first: you need an Extra Care Card. Its free, sign up for it.

Second, go to the CVS website and sign up for email offers (link is on the home page) and get an email that gives you $4 dollars off of any purchase.

Third, start collection coupons. IMPORTANT: Don't collect coupons for things you would not normally buy or your coupon collection will be too big to have control over.

-Start getting the Sunday paper DELIVERED to you. Its cheaper than buying it from the stand and people steal the coupons out of those and if you get ti delivered you will get P & G coupon books the 1st of every month and they are the best. You will also get all your area sale papers and other coupons.

-coupons.com-Just click and print the coupons. All you need is to make an account and download their coupon program.

-http://coupons.smartsource.com//index.aspx?Link=5S2ZUA6PWPEPO This one just click and print.

-Look for coupons around you: In the dispensers on the ailses at grocery stores and in the packaging of the products you buy.

Fourth, YOU MUST WAIT ON THE ITEM TO GO ON SALE at CVS either the price will go on sale or they will offer extra bucks if you purchas a certain amount then you use your coupons on top of the sales.

Fifth, you can ring out twice or go back every day esp. if it is staple items like Paper towels, toliet paper, batteries, toothpaste, dish detergent, etc (all five of these were on sale/had offers this week) You can see what is on sale/available offers by CVS sale flyer you get in your delivered paper each sunday;)

So this is how it will work. Here is an example of what I did this week at CVS:

Dawn Dish detergent: Sale Price 2/1.99 w/ 1.00 extra bucks back + $0.50 coupon (I had) = 2/$0.49. The offer was limited to a purchase of four total so I got 4/$0.98

Crest toothpaste: Sale Price $1.77 each, I had 3 $1.00 off coupons so I got 3 tubes of Crest Toothpaste for $0.77 each.

Bounty Paper towels/Charmin Toliet Paper Sale Price $5.99 for big pack. I had a few .50/.35 coupons for this. The GREAT deal was when I spent $20 in these two products I get $10 extra bucks back. This offer can be used twice. So I purchased 4 Bounty/3 Charmin at once= $41.93 then I used 7 coupons worth $3.05 so that was $39.88 then you take off my 2-$10 extra bucks so I got 4 Bounty/3 Charmin for $19.88.

I turned around the next day and went back to get diapers:cool:

Pampers (the packs that are $10 a piece at walmart) were on sale for $7.99. I had 3 $1.00 off coupons so it was $23.97 total then add the coupons for $20.97 then I get $5 extra care bucks. You remember the $20 in extra bucks I got the day before, I used them on this purchase so I paid $0.97 in cash and got $5 in extra bucks.

Extra bucks will print off at the end of your receipt and are good for anything in CVS but watch the dates, they usually expire in a month.

I recycle my extra bucks. I use them on sale items/extra buck offers to get more extra bucks/savings.

Now I know that is ALOT to read but its easy. I think you should only start with one store and learn their sale policy and work on building your coupons up.

I started with CVS, before I knew it was doing Kroger and Ingles and Publix (love to use coupons on their weekly Buy1Get1Free).

Before you know it you will be wheeling around getting sales everywhere.

keri1292

Ok, I'll get the paper and get started. I think I clipped too many coupons. I was overwhelmed and disorganized. I HAVE to try again. What great steals! :D

TerisBoys

Crest toothpaste: Sale Price $1.77 each, I had 3 $1.00 off coupons so I got 3 tubes of Crest Toothpaste for $0.77 each.

Before you know it you will be wheeling around getting sales everywhere.

You paid for toothpaste??? (JOKING) I've got ummm 12 tubes that I've paid nothing for in my linen closet.

GG is addicting, isn't it?

RubysGirl

Since there are so many gymbo people here, I'll ask... Does any body have the fiesta fiesta boy blanket and/or donkey they're willing to part with? Cheap? LOL I'll have the complete line on its way to me once I purchase those.

areinn

I have just started buying some Gymbo stuff for my baby a few days ago. I never really paid any attention to their stuff when my son was little.

If anybody has a really good coupon that they don't want, could I have it? I would love to get some more stuff for Shannon.

One question...I really love their blankets but when I went online they showed about 5 pages of blankets but only actually had about 3 blankets in stock. Why don't they take stuff off when it is out of stock like most stores do. It was very discouraging. Do you find that most of the clothes are out of stock too? If so, how frequently to they renew stock?

Thanks from a tired mom developing a new Gymbo addiction :)

Heather98012

Oh, yeah, I also try to buy EUC/NWT off of gymbofriends.com a season ahead. Like right now, I am buying for next winter. Prices tend to be lower because most people are trying to buy/fund spring/summer clothes. I also buy a season ahead on the sale rack at the gymboree store.

I also try to sell there when we are through with things but usually wait to list things until winter because you don't get alot of interest selling winter stuff now.

Its a game to me. (I also play thegrocerygame:whistle: I had a fun time with Extrabucks/Bounty/Charmain at CVS this week:whistle:) Its a fun hobby that also clothes/feeds my children/DH and I get to save money. I get a high from it that costs me nothing emotionally, physically, or monetarily.

Oh yeah, I always buy a season ahead...everywhere, not just Gymboree. I figure, worst case scenario, something doesn't fit & I sell it NWT. That's why I have a few items right now to sell. But I mean, I get them for deals, so I always at least break even, ya know?!

Heather98012

I have just started buying some Gymbo stuff for my baby a few days ago. I never really paid any attention to their stuff when my son was little.

If anybody has a really good coupon that they don't want, could I have it? I would love to get some more stuff for Shannon.

One question...I really love their blankets but when I went online they showed about 5 pages of blankets but only actually had about 3 blankets in stock. Why don't they take stuff off when it is out of stock like most stores do. It was very discouraging. Do you find that most of the clothes are out of stock too? If so, how frequently to they renew stock?

Thanks from a tired mom developing a new Gymbo addiction :)

I have a friend who had her 4th kid about a year ago & I got her started on Gymboree (maybe it's cause #4 was a girl, or maybe it's cause I gave her some at her baby shower...dunno why). But I love it, the clothes are adorable, they last better than most, & you can resell them.

As far as online & restocking, it's hit or miss. On Christmas Eve I was up late while dh was putting together a Power Wheels jeep for dd, & was shopping with a coupon I had. I had looked before we went to my mom's for dessert & some presents, & when I got home...maybe 3 hrs difference?! But they had restocked a boatload of stuff & I was like a kid in a candy store. So I just learned you have to check back & check often.

Connor's Mom

Hey Keri, if no one has claimed yout 30% off I'll take it. :)
I am wanting to get C some undies. Not lovin the new line and I nearly bought out the sharks so just undies and maybe a pair of Gymmies.

I am almost embarrassed to say that I have no problem dropping a couple hundred every couple of months at Gymbo/Gap. :eek: I don't really spend money
on myself because I like to spend it on Connor. My buddies don't really understand why I spend so much but I never pay full price and always use a coupon or Gymbucks. Plus I can almost always get back what I paid in re-sale. And, it makes me feel good when he looks super cute.

And as far as buying coupons, look at it this way. If you plan on buying $350 worth of stuff, it is worth it to pay $8.50 (the average going rate) a piece for a $25 Gymbuck. That means that added $350 in clothes to your cart - the $175 in Gymbucks that you qualified to use for that amount purchased - 5% Gymbo Visa discount = $166 + $60 (price you paid for Gymbucks) = $226 out of pocket for $350 worth of Gymbo. A savings of $124! :thumbsup:

I am also a coupon diva! I use to trade ALOT and am a SuperChix trader at Couponchix.com and also traded at couponforum.com. But, lately I have just been too darn busy to keep up with the 20-30 trades a week that I use to do and my wallet is showing it. My stockpile is also nearly depleted. I never thought that I would have to buy toothpaste ot tampons again, lol. But I did end up giving a TON of stuff that I had gotten for free to a local womens shelter so I see that as a positive. I really miss Albies here too. Gone are the days in Austin of triple and quadruple coupon days where I could walk out of the store with $500 in groceries for $22 out of pocket. I have been trying to get back into trading though as I liked the extra money for fun stuff, lol. Like Gymbo, lol. :p

dhardawa

PS. Anyone tried Crazy8? It's owned by Gymboree's parent company & is a little lower priced. Not quite as cute, but still some nice stuff. And I love Janie & Jack (also owned by Gymbo) but it's their higher priced store, so I only shop the sales!!

Crazy 8 is great for older kids. Emily won't wear Gymbo anymore because she thinks it is too babyish, but she loves Crazy 8. I have always ordered online, but we're supposed to be getting a store in August. I can't wait.

Heather98012

Crazy 8 is great for older kids. Emily won't wear Gymbo anymore because she thinks it is too babyish, but she loves Crazy 8. I have always ordered online, but we're supposed to be getting a store in August. I can't wait.

Same here; I live in the greater Seattle area & no stores yet. Supposedly some south of Seattle by the end of summer. I can't wait!

Connor's Mom

I don't like the quality of Crazy 8 as well. It is definitly to Gymbo what Old Navy is to Gap. I have bought some stuff there for C to wear to school though and the stuff is cute but just not made very well. Loose strings, thin material and uneven seems. :twocents:

Heather98012

I don't like the quality of Crazy 8 as well. It is definitly to Gymbo what Old Navy is to Gap. I have bought some stuff there for C to wear to school though and the stuff is cute but just not made very well. Loose strings, thin material and uneven seems. :twocents:

Oh yeah, it is in no way a comparison to Gymbo or Janie & Jack!! I think of it as more disposable clothing, ya know? I wouldn't stress too much over a ketchup stain, KWIM?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC