Get this one

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I've got a parent coming to my house for a private check. Oh and my hubby is away on business.

Before you get all worried---I dated this guy in HS! I'm not sure if his wife and daughter are coming or not.

He told me that a state trooper installed the seat RF last week. His daughter will be 2 in Nov---I told his wife about ERF a couple months ago.

Well anyway the seat started tipping, then he tried to fix it...but then it tipped over when his daughter was riding in it.

So his wife had told him that I told her I'm a tech...so he called me to fix it.

How funny is this...I'm teaching one of my ex's how to install his kids carseat!

Susan

ADS

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
All Done!!!

Let me tell you a Cosco touriva in the center of an 07 hyndai sonata is a PITA!!!

I had to call Skaterbabs. I had to put the locking clip in the belt path. It took the dad and I to get the belt buckled.

And the touriva had the notches...I warned him about them and told him about the chicago tribune article.

Susan

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Nope...He was the date of one of my bridesmaids at my wedding! So he's in my wedding pics. We've seen each other over the yrs.

I told him I would be more blunt with him than I would most other parents, only because I've known him so long.

And if her dad ever wants to stop watching their daughter...she'll probably come here!

Susan

jessclear

All Done!!!

Let me tell you a Cosco touriva in the center of an 07 hyndai sonata is a PITA!!!

I had to call Skaterbabs.

Susan

I had a really difficult time installing DD's Uptown in a Sonata and an Elantra when we rented a car in March. I think their back seats are poorly designed for car seats (seat belt and seat tilt issues). :twocents: If we ever get stuck with one again, I'll have to contact you and skaterbabs for help. FYI, I just ended up using LATCH outboard and was still not 100% satisfied with the install. We just drove very little with DD on that trip.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
huh - my understabnding is that the sonata and the optima are essentially the same car, and i didn't really have any issues installing my seats the other day?
I can see how the center install would be hard, since the seat has a pretty big "bump", but i'm not getting why you'd need a locking clip? I installed our AOE RFing with the seat belt - it locks?

skaterbabs

All Done!!!

I had to call Skaterbabs. I had to put the locking clip in the belt path. It took the dad and I to get the belt buckled.

And the touriva had the notches...I warned him about them and told him about the chicago tribune article.

Susan

So *that's* what you were saying! Cell phone reception inside the school is practically nonexistant- I'm surprised it even rang. lol We had a PTA meeting tonight, so that's where I was when you called. I don't even know if the message I left you went through.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I had to use a locking clip because when you lock the retractor, the seat begins to tip over time. And who (ok besides some of us) wants to be reinstalling a seat every few days. They went to the state police and a trooper installed it for them and locked the retractor. It had started to tip, so he tried to fix it and didn't. It was in his FIL's car and FIL refused to drive the little girl anywhere's until they got it fixed---smart Grandpa.

It also had the belt where you had to pull it down out of the retractor and click it in.

Susan

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I was thisclose to calling it an incompatibility and moving her outboard with LATCH. I did check to see if I could use LATCH in the center---but of course Hyndai doesn't give out that info.

Susan

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC