Scenera buckle?

jka1217

I have been using our Scenera more lately and the buckle tongues are driving me crazy! The DOM on my seat is 1/16/08 and they look like this:

DSCN1493.jpg

The tongues are really tight on the harness. It's nice that they stay in place instead of sliding around, but with the continuous harness sliding around under the seat, it doesn't help much anyway. I really have to watch it or the harness folds over inside the buckle tongues. It's worse than the Radian before I changed out the buckle tongues on it.

So, I have an extra buckle and tongues of the older Scenera buckle style, they look like this:

DSCN1494.jpg

I'm tempted to just change the buckle to the older style, but not knowing the reason for the buckle change is holding me back somewhat. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Also, does anyone have a newer Scenera that can comment on what the buckle looks like? I haven't had a chance to make it to Wal-Mart to see what the Sceneras on the shelf look like.

Thanks!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I have an older scenera (06/07) that has the upper buckle you have (the pink seat, but I have the black and tan cover)... I suspect it's just random....there could be two boxes and the person assembling the seat could reach into box A or box B and get whatever harness they get (though more people complain about the one you like, so I think they may transition completely to the kind you hate:eek:)

amyg530

do you have 2 sceneras? can you just put the pink cover on the other seat? or you could call cosco and see if you can switch out the harness from the brown seat to the pink one

jka1217

(though more people complain about the one you like, so I think they may transition completely to the kind you hate:eek:)

Well, I'm not real fond of the older style either, but I can deal with it better than the new one.

do you have 2 sceneras? can you just put the pink cover on the other seat? or you could call cosco and see if you can switch out the harness from the brown seat to the pink one

I did have 2 Sceneras, but the brown one now has a home with someone else that needed it.

2angels2love

I have a new Scenera, only had it for about 2 months and the buckle looks like the one you have that has the brown and black cover.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC