Question What Is the Tallest RF Seat?

Mylilboyblue

This past week I had to raise my son's MA straps to the second setting and he is only 10.5 months. He has a very long torso. In my mom's car I have an RA and he has about 3 inches left above his head (my son is about 30 inches). Once he grows out of the RA I am looking to buy another seat for RF in my mom's car that I will trade with my MA once he outgrows that by height. Which seat is the highest back for RF the EFTA, True Fit or Radian? Weight really isn't the issue since he has slowed down and stalled at 21 lbs.

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The Radian is definitely the tallest :)

My 15 month old is in the RA with just a little bit less room (she is 18 pounds & 32 inches). We have an EFTA we will be moving her into after she outgrows it :)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I think Anna's dd has more room rf in the EFTA than the Radian, rf.

Well, the shell of the Radian is taller (which is why we don't use it RF--it forces the passenger seat too upright) than the EFTA, so she has more room in the Radian. FF though, they are about the same since the top slots are comparable.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Recaros are super duper tall...I think it's time for a 'take pictures of your seatback with a tape measure' thread, lol.

Mylilboyblue

Next question is which one would you recommend? This will be a back-up seat until DS either hits 33lbs or outgrows the MA by height. I am looking for it to be on the cheaper side and am really interested in the True Fit or the EFTA, but am wondering if he would hit the RF height limit faster on one or the other. Does anyone's tall kiddos still fit RF in these seats?

ETA: Anna your DD1 is 38 inches and still fits RF in the EFTA? Wow. Did she outgrow the MA RF heightwise? I know each child is different and she maybe more leggy than my DS is.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Ooh, I forgot about the Recaro! I remember that DD1 had loads of room in the Como when I tried her in it ages ago. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC