saw a ff bucket and actually said something!

mysweetwe

I wrote this a couple days ago but I guess it go eaten by the update. . . Anyway I wanted to share because I'm not really one to just go up to strangers and say they're doing something wrong and I knew you guys would undrestand.

I was finishing up bucking my munchkins into their seats and a car w/ a ff evenflo bucket pulled up next to me. :eek: Little boy was probably 15 months, head at the top of the shell. The seat was tipped so it he was sitting upright just like in a ff seat. As I was going around to get into my seat they were getting out, so, shaking, I walked over.

I said "Excuse me, I don't mean to be rude, I just know how confusing carseats can be and I wanted to let you know that that seat isn't made to be forward facing. If you were in an accident the seat would flip forward and he would smash his head on the seat in front of him. (Forgot to add it might KILL him! but I was nervous so I'm cutting myself some slack. ;) ) There's a seat at Walmart called the Scenera that's 40 bucks and will kep him much safer." I think then I mumbled something about how it scares me seeing kids like that b/c I have three of my own. . .

Anyway mom (grandma? a teenager got him out of the seat) kept saying "yeah?" but not in an offensive way so hopefully they just honestly didn't know and will fix it. I just see that kind of stuff SO often around here. :mad:

Going back to my seat I was afraid I was going to trip b/c my legs felt like jelly! Whew.

ADS

sunnymw

Yeah, that's a scary feeling! But it's better than the feeling of dread, knowing you should have said something and didn't ;)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Good for you for saying something! I was at a seat check at Walmart a few weeks ago and a lady in an Excursion drove by with a FF bucket. The other CPST who was with me chased down the car and she already had the baby out, but said she'd come over when she was done shopping. Yeah, she just drove the other way out of the parking lot :rolleyes:

U

Unregistered1

I'm just glad to hear I'm not the only one who gets jelly legs. I shook for half an hour after discussing the dangers of expired seats and buying one from someone at a yard sale.

Heather98012

OMG, I never see anything like that around here. I would have to say something....I'd be too worried not to.

Good for you! You could have saved that little boys life!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC