1998 saturn sl2

emars002

this is my car i take back and forth to work - its good on gas and the trade in value is nothing so i have kept it around - I was wondering it i should put car seats in it because - i take it to wrok, my husband takes his truck or my van to work and then the other sits here -(he takes the kids to daycare so he gets the better cars!) I was just thinking, since he doesn't always get recpetion with his cell phone if i should put car seats in my car? If there is an emergency and he doesn't answer his phone - I would have to respond and would have to come all the way to switch cars to get one with car seats - the problem is - I bought the car used - no manual - it appears to have 1 tether anchor in the back for the middle seat - can anyone ecommend some inexpensive seats that are compatible with this car just incase I need them? It hasn't happened yet in 5 years so probably unlikely to occur but better safe than sorry. - I would rather not buy 2 more Britax that i might not ever use if I can avoid it - I have a soon to be 5 year (28lbs) old FF in a MA/ BLVD and a 17 month old RF in a BLVD/MA(28lbs)

ADS
U

Unregistered1

Have you told us your dd1's torso height before? That would help in recommending a seat for her.
DD2 is easy. Cosco Scenera, $45 at Walmart, RF to 35 lbs and then FF to 40 lbs. There are options with more padding/features but since you're just looking for it as a back up the Scenera is probably your most inexpensive option.

skaterbabs

That's a pretty easy car to install seats in, the locking latchplates work very well. So any seat that fits your child should work, but obviously you'll want to try them out.

emars002

Any thougths for DD1? she weighs nothing but she is 5 - she does not fit in a booster - she doesn;t meet the weight and the belt doesn't fit her where it should - I cannot seem to find an inexpensixe option for her - the scenera looks great for DD1 - we'll go get that tomorrow at walmart (i think they have pink too!) I realy doubt I willl ever have them in this car but just in case...

skaterbabs

The Chase is an okay seat; the Cosco one has really short harness slots. If you want a 40 lb limit combination seat, look into the Evenflo Generations. It's pretty nice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC